UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Fight Bombed

rip and cap

It is legal in Afghanistan, and I believe they fight their dogs until submission or until there is a clear winner, not to serious injury or death as the UK illegal dogfighters do. Same applies to their cockfighting. I'm not saying that makes it OK, just puts a rather different slant on it.

Lets hope no innocent people or children was caught up in the bomb and only the people attending the dog fight. Lets hope that the organisers didn't have an easy death and suffered like they had planned for the dogs.

Dog fight bombed

There's another thread about this I believe and i'm hoping another mod can find it cos I can't to merge the two. But I'm shocked that because people were attending a dog fight you consider them not to be innocent victims of a bomber. (actually Im' also moving this to contro cos it's nothing to do with BSL).

Dog fighting is, without any shadow of doubt, barbaric. But remember in a country like afghanistan it is also a way of life and until they are educated on animal welfare, which in a war torn country, is not an overnight fix, and until then, all those attending are, were, and will be, in my eyes, innocent victims of a killer and doesn't take away my human compassion for those who died, no matter where they were.

I disagree completely - having been caught up in several car bombs and dealt with the aftermath of dozens of them the carnage created is unbelieveable - and those who die are usually the lucky ones as the injuries are appalling and change lives totally.It doesn't matter what they were observing,nobody deserves to die like this.

There's another thread about this I believe and i'm hoping another mod can find it cos I can't to merge the two. But I'm shocked that because people were attending a dog fight you consider them not to be innocent victims of a bomber. (actually Im' also moving this to contro cos it's nothing to do with BSL).

Dog fighting is, without any shadow of doubt, barbaric. But remember in a country like afghanistan it is also a way of life and until they are educated on animal welfare, which in a war torn country, is not an overnight fix, and until then, all those attending are, were, and will be, in my eyes, innocent victims of a killer and doesn't take away my human compassion for those who died, no matter where they were.

it was mentioned in RMF last night, I posted my views there

I don't condone dog fighting but I can't feel anything but compassion to those caught up in the blast regardless of why they were there

I think its tragic, tragic that people were killed and maimed and tragic that there are still people in the world who really think that strapping explosives to themselves and blowing themselves up is ever the answer

I in no way condone the senseless killing and maiming of innocent people and I very much doubt that the motive behind the bombings was in protest at the event but just to play devils advocate how many of us (myself included) upon seeing a case of spectacular cruelty to an animal/child have not wished the same fate on the perpetrator?

it gives me no pleasure to think of anyone dying in this way.

would i be more sympathetic if they were in a market?

if they were working the fields?

in school?etc

yes

fee

This was my feeling when I wrote this, just put a lot better.

Just saw on the news about a suicide bomb in Afghanistan where 80 people were killed :(. Then they reported that the crowd of several hundred had been gathered to watch a dogfight :angry:

Is it wrong to lose the compassion for these people because of what they were doing? :unsure: