UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Fight Bombed

rip and cap

I wonder if the poor dogs survived :mecry:

Ali

that would depend on the height of the device when it detonated , at floor level it will rip the legs off people ( and dogs would be at that level ) if it was higher then although humans would be targets the dogs might not have been caught in the direct blast

it also depends how many people are between a person or dog and the device , people ( and objects ) in between become in effect human shields and shrapnel will strike them first

close to the proximity to a device can also injure a human or animal in other ways for example burst eardrums and burns

then you have shock and things like post traumatic syndrome , survivor guilt and flash backs

very few people ( or animals ) are going to have walked away totally unharmed either physically or mentally

Added to all of the above replies: bombing a dog fight without informing people first that you are targetting them because of them attending one is not gonna do anything in terms of preventing another dog fight from happening. Survivors won't say: "he's dead because he attended a dog fight, this shows that dog fights are bad, let's stop them" will they now?

And while for some dogs being blown to pieces might be preferable to their existence as it is, many will be surviving like Sam posted above. Life for dogs in Afghanistan is tough, life for wounded or handicapped dogs doesn't bear thinking about.

All in all I don't think it's a very good tactic for any rason to be honest :unsure:

Dog fights in Afghanistan certainly never used to be like the ones over here. No bloodshed or injured dogs, the dogs were not doing much more than playing and the first to show submissive gestures was the loser. I don't condone them all the same but unless things have changed they really are not comparable to the nasty stuff that goes on elsewhere.

I can understand the OP feelings about the kind of dog fighting we get over here, I don't have much compassion for those people either.

Dog fights in Afghanistan certainly never used to be like the ones over here. No bloodshed or injured dogs, the dogs were not doing much more than playing and the first to show submissive gestures was the loser. I don't condone them all the same but unless things have changed they really are not comparable to the nasty stuff that goes on elsewhere.

I can understand the OP feelings about the kind of dog fighting we get over here, I don't have much compassion for those people either.

I don't have much compassion for them either and have to confess that when I heard what was happening when the bomb went off I felt slightly less sympathy. Not saying they got what they deserved, but it is hard to find compassion for people who indulge in dog fighting.