UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts, Prayer, Reiki, Or Whatever You Believe In For Joyce Please

Ian

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian I do hope it isn't CDRM but if it is don't despair. It is a horrid disease but some dogs can carry on happily for a long time. I've lost two dogs with CDRM but one was 12 and the other 14, Lasso also has CDRM and is almost 14. They all did well for a long time.

If you want any help, advice or just a moan feel free to shout

Positive thoughts on their way as well

Ian I do hope it isn't CDRM but if it is don't despair. It is a horrid disease but some dogs can carry on happily for a long time. I've lost two dogs with CDRM but one was 12 and the other 14, Lasso also has CDRM and is almost 14. They all did well for a long time.

If you want any help, advice or just a moan feel free to shout

Positive thoughts on their way as well

Thankyou. Joyce's age is a bit of a guess really as various vets have come up with differing estimates whilst at Rosedene & here. Vet today said he thinks she's in too good a condition to be any older but he put's her at about 10 (which would tie in with the oldest estimate given of 8-9 whilst she was at Rosedene, though one vet

At the moment we're in a fight rather than a moan mode & still hoping she'll prove him wrong but if you've any helpful advice, experience useful tips, sites to research or whatever we'd be most grateful.

Eg I know what CDRM is but have never met a dog with it / don't know how they confirm it. His diagnosis is based on manipulating her joints, observation of her stance etc & deciding there no sign of HD or arthritis. Is there an actual test of any sort that would confirm / rule out CDRM?

Will say a prayer for Joyce. :GroupHug:

Sending Reiki for Joyce :flowers:

Thankyou both