UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts, Prayer, Reiki, Or Whatever You Believe In For Joyce Please

Ian

As some of you will know Joyce was not strong on her legs when she arrived in rescue & even after months of care at Rosedene one of the staff feared she may have hip displasia or arthritis, though the vets had not suggested so.

She built up her muscle tone, was much loved by all there and then of course came to live here with Tara & I.

She responded well and has happily chased a ball around etc for the next year. In the last month however she began to have a few little accidents, which though I initially thought may just be a sign of aging, then seemed to quickly become more tired on her back legs.

She's been on glucosamine, once again responded and seems her usual happy self except for the fact that she sometimes looks like she wonders why she wants to go for their ball whilst her legs want a rest.

I was beginning to become a little worried that it m ay be HD or arthritis after all. We've just come back from the vet and the goods news is not, the bad news however is that he thinks her improvement in other areas has hidden a more dreaded disease. He thinks it's CDRM :mecry: .

For now Joyce has some carpodyl as an anti inflamatory & some propalin to help any incontinance with another appointment in ten days to see how she is responding but sadly it looks like we may now be beginning an unwinnable battle.

Please send Joycie good wishes, Reiki, prayer or whatever else you may believe can help her.

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/germ...ptic-mange.html

http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=1152

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian, I am so sorry. As you know I can appreciate what you are going through right now. :GroupHug:

Lets hope that your vet is wrong and its not CDRM

The hardest thing with diseases and conditions that can't be cured is the feeling of complete and utter helplessness. It is absolutley gut wrenching isn't it?

No consolation, I know, but I'm sure you will do everything in your power to make Joyce comfortable and happy.

Possitive thoughts and Reiki Healing on the way to Joyce.

It really is such a sad and bad start to 2008.

Take care now.

Caroline