UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bosun

Houndwoman

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't have a brilliant night last night but there was a very slight improvement today and he wasn't falling over quite so much. He has become a little bit unsettled this evening and OH is busy trying to pacify him. I will be staying up all night to keep an eye on him.

The chiropractor is coming here at 5pm tomorrow and when we know what she thinks will update. Hoping for some good news anyway :)

Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts :flowers:

Swings and roundabouts here now! Chiro has been and there is some trouble in Bosun's lower spine so she has done some work on it which he very much enjoyed :rolleyes:

She thinks something went in his lower spine the other night and his front end took the strain, this in turn gave up and hence the loss of use in all of his legs.

The main problem is that because of his immobility over the last few days(and his heart problem) fluid has built up in his chest and he has been really struggling. His breathing has been terrible. We have blasted him with extra frusemide today on the instructions of our vet but can only do it for today as he is already on a high dose. The fluid is starting to move looking by the amount of wees he is doing so we are hoping that we have been able to do enough to help him.

Just been to check him and he is blissfully sleeping :wub: :wub: :wub:

He had a very bad night last night and it was difficult to get him comfy because of his breathing problem.

Vet cannot believe that he is standing never mind walking a little(neither can we)!

He is still quite poorly though and is not out of the woods yet but we are all persevering

Another update on the dear old lad :wub: We thought we were going to have to make that awful decision last night. I was away from home and had a call from OH to say that Bosun was having terrible breathing problems. I drove down home in a terrible panic and when I got home found the vet there and a semi conscious Bosun :( Vet decided to sedate him but if we had told him to pts I know he would have done :( He was very, very poorly but we decided to wait and see what happened when the sedative wore off.

I stayed up all night with him and at 1.45am Bosun woke up and although poorly he managed to eat some biscuits with enthusiasm :) Vet said that sedative would last until at least 4.am! I got him settled and he woke again at 6.30am and had some more biscuits and a good drink. He again settled into a sleep.

He has had a better day today but as I type this he has become unsettled again :( OH is with him so I am just going off to check.

He is still eating well but it is so hard to understand exactly what is going on with him, just hoping and praying that we can get him through this crisis. Please keep him in your thoughts :wub:

To top it all have just had Shadows (one of our ponies) blood results back and it confirms that he does have Cushings :( Ever felt like you have been cursed?