UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

'special' Dogs

merledogs

Flora's speshal :rolleyes: :wub:

She's special anyway because she's my soul dog :wub: but she's even more special now that we've discovered that she has epilepsy and severe hip dysplasia at just 16 months :mecry: :wub:

Close2.jpg

DSCF1549.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

f479a4c7.jpg

Just after arriving home from the vets after her first seizure :(

Poorlygirl.jpg

Oh yes - and she's Welsh :biggrin:

Hoodie2.jpg

Edited by muckyhen

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lovely thread.

Gracie, my little oldie, both crutial ligaments have gone and she has a conpressed disc in her spine as well as arthritis in all 4 legs and her spine.

Gracie221.jpg

Joe, has brain damage thanks to his previous owners and also has seizures.

Joe28.jpg

Ellie, (aka Stella) had 2 large tumours when she went into the pound and is now fit and well again.

Stella33-1.jpg

Bonnie, had both her back legs broken in an RTA and now has a very funny action with her back legs. Bonnie was 8 months old when she came to me after her legs had healed.

Bonnie3.jpg

Flora's speshal :rolleyes: :wub:

She's special anyway because she's my soul dog but she's even more special now that we've discovered that she has epilepsy and severe hip dysplasia at just 16 months :mecry:

DSCF1549.jpg

:wub:

Oh yes - and she's Welsh :biggrin:

Hoodie2.jpg

What a lovely thread.

Gracie, my little oldie, both crutial ligaments have gone and she has a conpressed disc in her spine as well as arthritis in all 4 legs and her spine.

Gracie221.jpg

For the first photo, the only way a big dog should be :wub:

For the next photo and comment we all have some crosses to bear :D

And for Gracie I like staffies but there is something soooo appealing about a greying staffie :wub:

Arent we such lucky people to be able to share our lives with such special dogs :wub:

Jasper - my almost perfect, very special little soul dog.

Had to have surgery on one of his front legs just over a year ago because one of the bones was disintegrating - probably from early damage to the joint followed by no treatment and very poor nutrition. Can still be very funny with people because of severe abuse in his very early life. Was picked up as a stray at 5 months old and so terrified of people that he would wee if you looked at him, but also couldn't be left because he panicked.

He is now a fairly well adjusted boy who lives life to the full despite severe arthritis in his right elbow and subsequent problems in his left fore leg due to over straining it to support his weak leg, and all at just 2 years old.

My happy handsome lad (photos thanks to Richard the Sane)

070404_img_72251_std.jpg

and in a much more normal state!!!

070404_img_74101_std.jpg

Fab thread!

I have one of these special dogs. One of his special poses, LOL! :

DSC02537Small.jpg

Blind, deaf and with his mystery 'horseshoe' scar:

Tricky.jpg

I think Tricks is about as special as they come, and he's the happiest, cheekiest boy in the world. I LOVE HIM! :wub:

DSC02079.jpg

Fab thread!

I have one of these special dogs. One of his special poses, LOL! :

DSC02537Small.jpg

Blind, deaf and with his mystery 'horseshoe' scar:

Tricky.jpg

I think Tricks is about as special as they come, and he's the happiest, cheekiest boy in the world. I LOVE HIM! :wub:

No wonder you love him..he is wonderful, and I ADORE that 1st pic especially :wub: and Flora..ahh beautiful..they all are, I LOVE this thread, please keep them coming :flowers:

Our current "special" dog.

McCoy

Approximately 9 years old, crossbreed with a severely deformed lower jaw.

1328950975_c151832491.jpg

I will make the close up picture of the jaw a link so the squeamish can avoid it but I would just like to point out for those that look that the tooth immediately below the right upper canine in the picture is his LEFT lower canine. More pictures and details about him and his unique appearance can be found here.

Currently in foster and looking for a new home :biggrin:

Edited by Rachel