UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

'special' Dogs

merledogs

The poem about the blind dog made me think it's high time we had a thread to show off pics of our 'special' dogs, which have imperfections that just make them more special in our eyes :wub:

I'll start with Max, who is now completely blind due to CEA/PRA and also suffers from Lumbosacral disease, but it doesn't stop him doing everything else the others do :wub:

Just look at that face :wub: :crying_anim: :wub:

maxmoo.jpg

783e4d79-1.jpg

18fba0e82ade29e840b062765fb160a5.jpg

02-3.jpg

a321e4aa.jpg

eb8f7dab.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumpy Max :wub: :wub:

Lovely thread Alex :flowers:

In the Special category, we have to have BumpyJake :biggrin: He'll be 12 next month and has been with me for 2 and a half years after going blind when he was 8 due to PRA. He had to have one eye removed after having actute Glaucoma, but he's the happiest boy in the world, bumping his way through life and wagging his tail as he goes :wub:

Not long after he'd arrived, when he still had 2 eyes:

DSCF1489.jpg

Being blind doesn't stop Bumpy from exploring the world:

Bumpyexplore.jpg

Daft Bumpy:

Bumpysand.jpg

Here with Poppy, who had her eye's closed to the sun but of course Bumpy didn't need to shut his eye :rolleyes:

heath7.jpg

Lufferly thread Alex :flowers:

Having met both Bumpy Jake and Bumpy Max I can vouch for the fact that they are both very special boys :wub: :wub: I find dogs like this amazingly inspirational as they live life to the full. We have much to learn from our dogs in just how to deal with what life throws at us.

Marion

What a pair of sweeties, these sorts of dogs bring so much to your lives.

Vena, mad as a box of frogs after severe abuse, bait dog and being ignored for years. Is very slowly emerging as a bit of a character

2006_0530surge0004.jpg

Peggy

someone cut half her tongue off, dribbler extreme

hates having her photo taken, two attempts here, Daddies little princess stick tight.

2006_0530surge0005.jpg

2006_0530surge0006.jpg

Alfie, someone broke his leg and damaged his spine and jaw in Spain, he has an awkward run, and very easily mis aligns the discs in his spine, but he loves a short run and is a happy soul.

ALfieNoel-1.jpg

Edited by elricc

We have Perry, age 14+ completly deaf, failed foster

perryandothers019.jpg

and Basil 10+ who is almost blind through not having his dry eyes treated and who cant hold himself longer than 3 hours so often find puddles and piles, but we dont care

basil039.jpg

The two wise monkeys

pug011.jpg

I just need one that doesnt speak now :laugh:

As well as her visible oddities (undershot jaw with vampire teeth sticking out and twisted back legs so her back feet face outwards instead of forwards), my little Meg has a more serious problem as she has a deformed heart with one chamber much larger than the other.

At the moment this isn't causing her any obvious problems, though she has a severe heart murmur, her heart is 'coping'. We have been warned, though, to be prepared for heart problems along the line, and that she may not live beyond middle age. I try very hard not to think about it or to worry about the future, or I'd be a complete wreck. We just have to take it as it comes and enjoy life to the full while she is well and happy.

My special girl :wub:

Meg2090607-1.jpg