'special' Dogs

merledogs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first photo, the only way a big dog should be :wub:

For the next photo and comment we all have some crosses to bear :D

And for Gracie I like staffies but there is something soooo appealing about a greying staffie :wub:

Arent we such lucky people to be able to share our lives with such special dogs :wub:

You are so right on the first 2 points :rolleyes: :wub:

Oh and also on the next point. There is definitely *something * about an old staffy :wub:

Ooh and I agree with your last point too :biggrin: :wub:

Our current "special" dog.

McCoy

Approximately 9 years old, crossbreed with a severely deformed lower jaw.

1328950975_c151832491.jpg

I will make the close up picture of the jaw a link so the squeamish can avoid it but I would just like to point out for those that look that the tooth immediately below the right upper canine in the picture is his LEFT lower canine. More pictures and details about him and his unique appearance can be found here.

Currently in foster and looking for a new home :biggrin:

Poor boy :unsure:

Was he born that way or is it down to abuse? He deserves a HUGE SQUISH :GroupHug:

Two of my current dogs are deaf:

Toastie - if I had seen him in a kennel I would have said "you're sweet but you're not my type of dog" BUT due to him being so poorly he was in reception at Dogs Trust when I called in there last December (definitely no intention of getting another dog for a few months) and guess what - he has that "spark". He was at least 10 - probably a few years more than that, has a heart murmur, cataracts starting, only 3 teeth and deaf, oh yes and due to all the infections he had managed to catch he was down to 5.3kilos (now 7.5)

Captured2008-9-2000000.jpg

Jed - was put into rescue at around 7 months when his original owners found he is deaf. Bit of a handful (a bit?!?!??!) but loves everyone and everything.

Captured2008-9-1700000.jpg

(and of course Lucy is special as she welcomed them into the household)

Edited by buddyboy

2006_1101Image0013.jpg

My special dog, Ellie who is a 4 yr old golden retriever who is partially sighted. She has micropthalmia, which basically means her eyes never grew so she is quite short sighted, and genetic cataracts in both eyes which takes away about 20% of her vision per eye. It certainly doesn't stop her enjoying life though!