UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

Rileyroo

The Hills are Lonely & The Loud Halo by Lillian Beckwith, I should have more of them, need to find them now
I'll be trawling this tread for recommendations for books and then heading to the charity shop to see if I can find any of them :rolleyes:

The Lillian Beckwiths are definitely worth a look Elaine. Not demanding in terms of concentration - light, amusing, easy writing (or should that be reading? :unsure: ) style and very uplifting. A real "escape". :flowers:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry just noticed this :)

A girl at work has lent me The Ladykiller, The Runaway and I think im getting The Jump.

Nearly finished Broken and it has been very good.

Would love to read more of Martinas but is it putting you to much trouble to forward them?

No its fine, pm me your address, its a shame, they are just sat there..have you read The Ladykiller? its THE BEST!! I also have all of Mandasue Heller's, she writes in a very similar style to Martina Cole... you are welcome to those also :biggrin: :flowers:

I'm reading my 'comfort book' for the 302nd time - The Stand by Stephen King. I know that book inside out, back to front and upside down so I don't have to concentrate much.

I'll be trawling this tread for recommendations for books and then heading to the charity shop to see if I can find any of them :rolleyes:

I've got the new Stephen King 'Duma Key' lined up ready to read, if you want it when I've read it just let me know and I'll pop it along to you :flowers:

At present I have also lined up: Kathy Reichs Bones to Ashes, Sohpie Kinsella Remember me, Wendy Holden Filthy Rich, Sonny Jacobs Stolen Time. If only the phone would stop ringing I'd get the chance to start reading them :rolleyes:

I'm reading my 'comfort book' for the 302nd time - The Stand by Stephen King. I know that book inside out, back to front and upside down so I don't have to concentrate much.

I love The Stand, his best book I think.

If you tell me what sort of stuff you like I'll happily post some off to you :flowers:

I read mostly anything :wacko: Psychological thrillers, crimey type stuff, light fluffy stuff, love Robert Rankin, read all Kathy Reichs/Patricia Cornwell/Val McDermid (I think)/Marian Keyes. I don't like spy/espionage stuff though. I went through a phase of reading Graeme Masterton - gore in the extreme :laugh:

Ohhhhhh I love The Stand :wub: I haven't read it for ages though and it's packed now :rolleyes: Have you seen the film?

I've got the new Stephen King 'Duma Key' lined up ready to read, if you want it when I've read it just let me know and I'll pop it along to you :flowers:

See, now, I used to adore Stephen King and read all of his older books, but haven't been able to read beyond Dreamcatcher because it scared the living daylights out of me :unsure: Personally, I feel that his books have become less psychological horror and more graphic and my poor old imagination can't cope with the change :rolleyes:

Ohhhhhh I love The Stand :wub: I haven't read it for ages though and it's packed now :rolleyes: Have you seen the film?

Yes, but I didn't like it. I've read the book so many times that I have the characters all set in my head - and invariably the films of books never match your images :rolleyes: Maybe I'm just weird :unsure:

Yes, but I didn't like it. I've read the book so many times that I have the characters all set in my head - and invariably the films of books never match your images :rolleyes: Maybe I'm just weird :unsure:

Not weird at all!! I've read the book lots of times too. I hated the film because it changed so many of the characters who had been specifically described in the book: like the breed of dog, and Frannie having red hair in the book (and it being mentioned about a squillion times) and then having her played by Molly Ringwald - a natural red head who dyed her hair brown for the film :blink:

The first time I read the book I gave up when Stu and the others were at the bottom of the gully and it says "they were never together alive again". I cried and cried and assumed that Stu died, but eventually curiosity got the better of me and I was very happy that I'd persisted :biggrin:

D'you think we might need a Stand nerd corner? :unsure: :laugh:

Does anyones else find it really hard to part with books? :unsure:

I buy books quite often and if I've enjoyed a book I cant seem to part with it, I just end up buying more bookcases :wacko:

Ah yes. That is my life :laugh:

We have got rid of lots and lots over the last year though in preparation for moves but it was heart-wrenching :( Happily, we now have space on the bookcases we have so can buy more books :biggrin: Top of my list to get hold of is Rescuing Sprite by Mark Levin. Has anybody else read it? :unsure:

I placed an order with The Book People this morning (plus it has been shipped already) I use them regularly and they have some quite good value fiction collections at the moment. OH and I read stacks of books so amongst my order I got 31 books for £30!

The ones included in the above price are:

Wilbur Smith 3 books - £5

Chris Ryan - 8 books - £5

Harlen Coben - 10 books £10

Sue Grafton 10 books £10

I've not read any Wilbur Smith or Harlen Coben before but I checked the reviews of the titles on Amazon which were quite good and they seemed the type of book that OH and I will like.

There are other fiction collections available too. Delivery is free on orders over £25.

Don't forget you can shop via Easyfundraising and raise money for your chosen cause too**

*adopts best Sam Squirrel voice*

'it really is money for nothing!' :laugh:

** except that I am a complete and utter, utter, utter pillock and forgot about that on this occasion (I'm very sorry RDR :( :blush: )

Not sure where I was up to when I last posted.

I have read the first 3 books of the Alex Delaware series by Jonathan Kellerman (wanted to start at the beginning as I enjoyed a couple in the middle).

Now reading Dean Koontz's Husband, which is good.

Have got the next 3 in the series of Jonathan Kellerman (as above) and Brother Odd by Dean Koontz (as I have read the other 2 Odd books which were great).

I got them all from Ebay (so maybe I should sell them on there again when I've finished them - or I'll have a house full of books :laugh: )