UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mill Rescue

Pingu

I dont think anyones saying forgive and forget. Sounds to me like mistakes where made, maggi says they wont happen again and from visits made by DT ect its seems clear shes not making those mistakes now.

Continued offers of help or simply and ear for her to scream too is surley the best answer? Rescue of the month is up to people to donate to but at the end of the day the dogs in her care need funds to do everything people expect her to do. To say "do this do that but we wont help you finance it because once you made a mistake" isnt right is it? :unsure: Maggi wont suffer by lack of funds only the dogs will. Its already been said she doesnt live in a palace...

thats my thoughts anyhow... :flowers:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own perception / guess if you like for what it's worth is that she is probably not the callous individual some have painted, more likely someone who had / has genuinely good intentions but has bitten off more than she could chew.

That is what I think too. I remember reading a thread on DP when she was first setting up and she seemed to have excellent intentions then.

I am saddened by what I have read there recently though and hope that Maggi can pull everything together now :flowers:

They (Mill Rescue) are not answerable to us :rolleyes: The proper authorities are involved and they are working with them to sort their problems. That's enough for me.

I must say I don't find anything suspicious or sinister in the fact that she has not made any public denial on the accusing board in particular.

Silence can often be the best course of (in)action "guilty" or not.

Pam

I am probably not welcome in posting what I am about to, but I would like to add my side of things please. I have been there (before the great 'clean up' - RSPCA Inspectors words not mine) & seen with my own eyes what was going on/wrong. I took in a dog from there that was in an apalling state, he had poo welded to his rear end that ws not 'fresh' from the day of collection, in fact it took severl hours of standing hm in the shower a gently teasing the poo from his bum. (I have photographic evidence, but as some one has said in so much as 'photos lie!!' & also my neighbours who were horrified at his condition), his eyes were also very badly matted/gummed, again took nearly 2 days of gently washing them with warm water & cotton wool pads. I have got several pm's from an ex volunteer that are dated before all the 'horrors' became public telling me of the 2 pups that died & they were just buried in the field, no PM or even a vet to see why they died. A horse with an inbedded head collar, dead sheep that were just burnt on a fire etc (if anyone would like a copy of these please ask & I will send them to you off forum). Heard a volunteer being told to use 'Billys' vaccination card for another dog that was being collected that day. True they do not live in luxury, but many offered help before again all the stories became public & they were turned down. Why??? One can only assume that if help was accepted a lot of the dogs would have gone to other rescue thus a loss of revenue?? They had plenty of warning that the RSPCA & DT was going to visit, amazing what you can do with time on your side. I can honestly say I have never adopted out a sick dog nor a dog that has died & if you can tell of others that have then they too should be investigated in the same way. My doors are always open, all reciepts/bills/vaccination records/micro chip records etc are always available to be inspected & I can offer all the names/numbers of those that have adopted/visited for anyone to ask questions. If I ever thought for one minute that I was in trouble I would ask for help not allow dogs to die. Ignorance/greed/stupidity there is no excuse for what happened. Simple. For those who seem to feel that 'we all make mistakes' doG forbid they are mistakes like the ones that happened at MR & are obviously not animal lovers. I do not live in a glass house I live in the real world.

I took in a dog from there that was in an apalling state, he had poo welded to his rear end that ws not 'fresh' from the day of collection, in fact it took severl hours of standing hm in the shower a gently teasing the poo from his bum. (I have photographic evidence, but as some one has said in so much as 'photos lie!!' & also my neighbours who were horrified at his condition), his eyes were also very badly matted/gummed, again took nearly 2 days of gently washing them with warm water & cotton wool pads.

I assume you called the RSPCA? What did they say?

Of course I called them, in fact several times. They said they would look into it!!!!!! Unfortunately at that time they did not really see the urgency of a visit as I had cleaned him up. I know several ACO's & Inspectors as I was treasurer for Lincs East branch for several years & they said that as long as there was adequate food & water there really was not a lot they could do at that time (this was several weeks before others came forward).

What is it that you would like mill rescue to do? Do you want them closed down complety? If they have cleaned up (which appears to be the case) what benefit would it be to the dogs if they did shut?

For the record i dont know mill rescue or maggie and co. Im just a bit lost on what people want out of all this.

For the record i dont know mill rescue or maggie and co. Im just a bit lost on what people want out of all this.

ditto that

I don't think Yorkie girl that the collar you refer to on that horse was 'embedded', from what I read on DP one day a poster said she saw a horse with a collar that it would soon out grow. Now there's a lot of difference between the two. I'm not trying to pick holes etc just that I'm so fed up of hearing about Mill Rescue and the past and what they might have/did do/haven't done etc - case in point with the head collar. I am not naive and often there is no smoke without fire BUT I am pleased things appear to be in good order during Pingu's and Helly's visit. Pleased the dogs and other animals are well and happy. Pleased that this is a good result! It's time to move on I think...

Stop shipping over van loads of dogs would be a good start. And reply in person to the people that have had sick/dying/dead dogs from there. Some have even sent recorded delivered letters & still not response from MR or the offer of compensation for the several thousand pounds that some spent I the first week or so of adopting a dogs from there. That would be the least they could do. An explanation of how different names/breeds appear on the 6 week free insurance' certificates??

I can honestly say I have never adopted out a sick dog nor a dog that has died & if you can tell of others that have then they too should be investigated in the same way.

i hope to god i never have to witness another rescue being 'investigated in the same way' ever again.

ditto that

I don't think Yorkie girl that the collar you refer to on that horse was 'embedded', from what I read on DP one day a poster said she saw a horse with a collar that it would soon out grow. Now there's a lot of difference between the two. I'm not trying to pick holes etc just that I'm so fed up of hearing about Mill Rescue and the past and what they might have/did do/haven't done etc - case in point with the head collar. I am not naive and often there is no smoke without fire BUT I am pleased things appear to be in good order during Pingu's and Helly's visit. Pleased the dogs and other animals are well and happy. Pleased that this is a good result! It's time to move on I think...

Well looks like all that has happened is acceptable & lets all go & have a nice cup of tea shall we?? Is that not what us british do when things go wromg, but we are not big enough to admit it???

& as for other rescues being investigated I hope to doG they are too if they are ill treating/neglecting animals.

Well looks like all that has happened is acceptable & lets all go & have a nice cup of tea shall we?? Is that not what us british do when things go wromg, but we are not big enough to admit it???

& as for other rescues being investigated I hope to doG they are too if they are ill treating/neglecting animals.

I like to base my opinions on what I already know from personal experience and on the reports of people who I know and trust rather than on the opinions of people I don't know or people whose judgement I mistrust.

I don't have a problem with rescues being 'investigated' however the way MR was treated was not IMO an investigation. Nor IMO is a rescue forum a suitable place for an investigation.

I have previously seen other rescues 'investigated' by forum users who have set themselves up as judge and jury, they didn't appear to receive a fair trial. I have no reason to believe the trial of MR was fair either.