UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mill Rescue

Pingu

if you must quote me yorkie girl quote me properly or dont do it at all. i said investigate in the same way

Did not realise that I had actually 'quoted' you!

I said that

& as for other rescues being investigated I hope to doG they are too if they are ill treating/neglecting animals.

Apologies for leaving out in the same way part as I believe that they should be if they too are/have practiced in the manner that MR have/do.

Why do you hope not anyway? Would you not wish to see that justice was done & people speak for the animals that can't?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as some one has said in so much as 'photos lie!!

2 pups that died & they were just buried in the field, no PM or even a vet to see why they died.

dead sheep that were just burnt on a fire

If I understand Pingu correctly, the photo presented as showing 3 dogs in a tiny, dark "kennel" wasn't anything of the sort. It was the entrance to a large and airy space. Lying, misleading, mistaken - whatever.

I'd want to know more about the circumstances of the pups and the sheep before commenting. Neither necessarily sounds all that bad. PMs cost money that could be spent on the living. And the government saw nothing wrong in cremation for farm stock during the foot and mouth outbreak.

Pam

I like to base my opinions on what I already know from personal experience and on the reports of people who I know and trust rather than on the opinions of people I don't know or people whose judgement I mistrust.

I don't have a problem with rescues being 'investigated' however the way MR was treated was not IMO an investigation. Nor IMO is a rescue forum a suitable place for an investigation.

I have previously seen other rescues 'investigated' by forum users who have set themselves up as judge and jury, they didn't appear to receive a fair trial. I have no reason to believe the trial of MR was fair either.

There was several weeks of off forum talks betweem MR & DP. It was only when all was totally denied even though there are photos/vet reports from several vets/eye witness accounts that it went public. Plenty of opportunity was had by all to sort things out off forum, they were not accepted.

But people on DP started threads based on their experiences of homing sick dogs from there didn't they? That could have just as easily happened here couldn't it? :unsure:

Those of us with more positive experiences, or who dared to suggest that things were less than balanced in the thread were moderated so that our posts were not displayed. The whole 'investigation' was handled extremely maliciously.

There was several weeks of off forum talks betweem MR & DP. It was only when all was totally denied even though there are photos/vet reports from several vets/eye witness accounts that it went public. Plenty of opportunity was had by all to sort things out off forum, they were not accepted.

Several weeks of off forum talks? Yet DP has consistently said that MR refused to respond - so which is it?

I have got several pm's from an ex volunteer that are dated before all the 'horrors' became public telling me of the 2 pups that died & they were just buried in the field, no PM or even a vet to see why they died. A horse with an inbedded head collar, dead sheep that were just burnt on a fire etc (if anyone would like a copy of these please ask & I will send them to you off forum).

Some puppies do die, it is very upsetting when the do, but it happens for no apparent reason. Buring them in a field is no different in me burying my dogs in my garden, how else would I get rid of the body apart from cremation. Burning dead sheep seems a good way as well, or they can be buried in the fields. Farmers have been doing this for centuries.

These are also hearsay and as you never saw them, you shouldn't be passing this type of information on.

Heard a volunteer being told to use 'Billys' vaccination card for another dog that was being collected that day

What did you do about this?

Oh. I never knew that an internet forum was a higher authority on animal welfare than the RSPCA or DT

i assume you have proof of your allegations yorkie girl, by proof I mean physical evidence not heresay from people who claim to have seen stuff? If so feel free to send it to me and I will pass onto the RSPCA. What have YOU actually seen and can prove? put up or shut up

all i can do is reiterate what I saw, I went with an open mind and had it been a pile of pooh I would have said so, I had no preconcieved opinion. The same conclusion being drawn by the Dogs trust and others who have actually been there seem to concur with what we saw. That the RSPCA visit fairly regularly and still the rescue continues operating...

What would be your feelings on:

a rescue that let a dog out in such a condition that it took 3 baths at a professional groomers to get rid of the stench?

or a rescue organisation that attempted to transport an unpredictable biter across the country in a transport run that involved several handovers in public places.. and were not exactly forthcomming with the information on the dogs background?

I am fed up of the bitchyness and double standards in rescue. we are meant to be there to help each other out and in turn to help the various animals who society have abandoned not point score and make "ourselves" look good.

some people dont seem to grasp what rescue is really about...

Those of us with more positive experiences, or who dared to suggest that things were less than balanced in the thread were moderated so that our posts were not displayed. The whole 'investigation' was handled extremely maliciously.

Several weeks of off forum talks? Yet DP has consistently said that MR refused to respond - so which is it?

I said that talks off forum. When invited Mr refused to respond on forum.

i assume you have proof of your allegations yorkie girl, by proof I mean physical evidence not heresay from people who claim to have seen stuff? If so feel free to send it to me and I will pass onto the RSPCA. What have YOU actually seen and can prove.

all i can do is reiterate what I saw, I went with an open mind and had it been a pile ofm pooh I would have said so, I had no preconcieved opinion. The same conclusion being drawn by the Dogs trust and others who have actually been there seem to concur with what we saw. That the RSPCA visit fairly regularly and still the rescue continues operating...

What would be your feelings on:

a rescue that let a dog out in such a condition that it took 3 baths at a professional groomers to get rid of the stench?

or a rescue organisation that attempted to transport an unpredictable biter across the country in a transport run that involved several handovers in public places.. and were not exactly forthcomming with the information on the dogs background?

I am fed up of the bitchyness and double standards in rescue. we are meant to be there to help each other out and in turn to help the various animals who society have abandoned not point score and make "ourselves" look good.

some people dont seem to grasp what rescue is really about...

I still have the 'Photo graphs' of the dog that was handed to me. Would you like to see them. As for the dead pups, wold you not want to know why the suddenly died?? Could have been a serious infection that may have spread & put other dogs in danger?

The dog I 'took' in had to have more than 3 baths to dislodge the poo from his back end!! Is that acceptable. It was not a dog that had 'just arrived that day or the day before but several weeks before!! Not bitching, just saying what I personally saw/took in/heard. Just like you say what you saw/heard. Are we all telling lies including several differeny vets from all over the country? The RSPCA Inspector told me when he called me to update me that it was clear to him that they had 'cleaned up'.

I said that talks off forum. When invited Mr refused to respond on forum.

and to be fair why the hell should she?

just so some people who had laready made up their minds could lay into her even more?

out of interest what would be your opinion of someone who handed (the words I heard used were threw)* a dog back to a rescue that they were fostering when the rescue wouldnt let the dog go to an elderly man becasue the dog did not like men?

would you say that that person could possibly have an axe to grind with the rescue concerned

*seeing as heresay evidence seems to be admissable

I still have the 'Photo graphs' of the dog that was handed to me. Would you like to see them. As for the dead pups, wold you not want to know why the suddenly died?? Could have been a serious infection that may have spread & put other dogs in danger?

The dog I 'took' in had to have more than 3 baths to dislodge the poo from his back end!! Is that acceptable. It was not a dog that had 'just arrived that day or the day before but several weeks before!! Not bitching, just saying what I personally saw/took in/heard. Just like you say what you saw/heard. Are we all telling lies including several differeny vets from all over the country? The RSPCA Inspector told me when he called me to update me that it was clear to him that they had 'cleaned up'.

ok so let me get this right, and I am aware that I am picking up on a single point,

do you feel that it is totally unacceptable for a rescue to hand over a dog that is in a condition such that it took 3 baths to get rid of the stench of pooh, wee etc? should that rescue be subjected to the same treatment as Mill Rescue? Especially if said dog had been there for more than a few days

Why is that fact that they cleaned up a bad thing - this is what I can't understand. Surely for the dogs in their care cleaning up is a good thing. NO ONE is saying that things at MR were always good, but it sounds like things are now a lot better and that has to be positive, doesn't it?

I've had dogs / cats from three rescues - two of which are nationally recognised and were held up as model rescues by DP on the MR thread. Neither of them checked up on my references / homecheck - but MR did. NO rescues are perfect - not even yours.

As for the dead pups, wold you not want to know why the suddenly died?? Could have been a serious infection that may have spread & put other dogs in danger?

The RSPCA Inspector told me when he called me to update me that it was clear to him that they had 'cleaned up'.

It could possibly have been an infection, but do you have evidence that there were any signs that it was? How old were the pups you are talking about. Do you know?

I'm puzzled here. How could the Inspector know that it had been cleaned up if he had never been there before? Oh yes, he must have been relying on hearsay.

I'm sorry to pick holes, but I work in the legal profession and it is ingrained in me to be very careful in what I read and say.