UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Question For The Peeps In Uk

EGAR

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a definate Royalist and think it is great to have a Queen plus her hubby and kids but not the everlasting train of hangers on. I think they are good ambassadors for the country,throughout history countries always had a King or Queen.I could go on but i think I am in the minority. :laugh: x

Not from UK, but as we also have a royal family here in DK, feel fit to answer.

Agree with ranirottie. I feel that somehow a country is just less of a country without royals...

However with all the keeping with the times, they've sort of lost some of their magic, which I think is quite sad. And they are in the tabloids faaar too aften. I think they will slowly "die out" with time.

At least our queen isn't filthy rich :laugh:

Think my late grandmother had a lot to do with my liking the royal family and their history, as she was mad about anything royal and could recite kings lists all day long. Her dad also used to say hello to a king (don't know which one lol, not THAT interested) everyday when he came riding past where they lived or something. Which was a memory she was very fond of, and I don't think I quite did it justice there :unsure: oh well.

Not bothered, would sooner have a Scandinavian type Royal family if we are to have one at all, but having said that I recall how very useful it was to have a competent Queen in the days of M Thatcher. At least there was one woman in the country who outranked MT and couldn't get voted out.

They do attract a lot of tourism I guess that's one definite bonus.Many many people are fascinated by our Royal Family,especially the Americans.

Personally I'm not really that bothered either way and am frustrated by the amount of money they have ie the jewellery they wear etc.

I love having a royal family - not that I'd actually go to see them or anything - I'm not a fan in that way. But I do believe that having the system of royal assent does provide an awful lot of stability to the country and I think they are wonderful ambassadors for our country. Lots of people in other countries identify us with our monarch and visits by the royal family really do improve the way people see us.

But we do have to remember that they're all human beings and not go into meltdown when they behave the way the rest of us do all the time. But then I think that's because of the way the press and media hype things up. Now that's my bugbear - I think we should definitely keep the royal family but I'm absolutley convinced we should get rid of the press!!!!! Just look at the way it effects the doggy world - if the press didn't jump on the bandwagon and report every sideways glance from a staffy after one solitary dog was pushed into atttacking someone people wouldn't dumping there bull breeds now.

Sorry. Rant over. Keep the royals.

Diane

I'm proud to be British and have a Queen. It's all the hangers on that should go, along with the Prime Minister :biggrin:

I agree.

If we didnt have custom and tradition then all those out of the gutter would assume its there way or no way.

Look at America..They still try and recreate a dynasy of us and them but sadly the hood takes over. How many british estates have kids who speak like they lived in America or the West Indies when the furthest they have been is the dole office to report another birth.

I think the Royal family are a marker. I dont agree with how some of them behave as they have been taught better and have a responsibility towards thier country but I would still not like to see all the heritage ,art collections etc being ransacked and taken off to people whose only complaint is that they were not born royal