UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jobless Family With 12 Kids Get £500,000 House

cheryl33

Goodness me, you couldn't make it up! :ohmy: A kid called Kalifornya (couldn't they spell California?) Oh the irony when they say......He said: "Some people may think we're a bunch of spongers, but it's not true." His wife added: "I was born to have children, it's what I am here for."

It really is a sad state of affairs. I don't want to see children suffering but maybe if there was a cap on the amount of benefits a family could claim people like this wouldn't continue to breed with the freedom they do? Just because his job in Asda didn't pay as much as benefits doesn't mean he can't go out and find a better paid job, work harder or enrole in further education in the hope of getting a better paid job if he were more qualified. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

And as for this comment: ""Most people on the street are elderly and I think there's only one other family in the vicinity, but nowhere near as big as theirs." That's exactly the same kind of snobbery and attitude I get living here. My street is full of pensioners and those who took early retirement. Not one of them could lower themselves to speak to the likes of me! Ians nan said it was because these people moved here for the peace and quiet, they didn't expect a young family on their doorstep. My children don't run riot or burn houses down, they're very polite and quiet but we're not welcome here. Some of the snobbery has rubbed off on Ian because one of the reasons he doesn't want any more children is that he's worried what people would think of us :rolleyes:

When I was little my dad was made redundant. He was desperate to get another job and he was told in the job centre not to take a particular job because he'd be better off on benefits than working there. He took the job anyway because he felt too ashamed to claim benefits while he was fit enough to work.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the village near me lives a family with 16 children. The parents work their butts off and the older children pitch in in the summer with mowing peeps lawns etc for pocket money. Lovely family and the kids are very very well mannered. There is no excuse for what the guy said re work IMHO.

What puzzles me is why would these people want their story in the paper ? surely they must realise that most people will be angry at the amount of benefit they receive, of course, there is always the chance that the news item has been written to appear worse than it really is, some comments may have been taken out of context, personnaly i feel that the state should provide for a reasonable amount of children, then it's up to the parents to provide for the others if they wish to have more, it seems to me that having 12 kids is rather excessive.

The comment the mother made about having kids is what she was made for, is rather sad, imagine thinking that was all you existed for, she dosn't come across as being the brightest bulb in the box

I think there's a vast difference between not being able to afford children full stop and not paying for school trips. Every year Dan and Connie's school does a 2 night trip which costs £100+ for each child - then there are pantos which cost £25 per child roughly, etc etc. They've been once (with help from the school) and I can't afford to send them again. I don't think that it's a necessary expense, but I do get sick of people judging us because we can't afford to send 3 kids every year. :(

Sorry, I think I worded that wrongly really. I agree, school trips are not a necessity and there have been many times when my 2 have not gone on trips because we cannot afford them. What annoys me is that some parents 'expect' the school to pay the contribution, and schools have to pay for coaches, admission fees, etc and cannot always afford to subsidise these trips for parents.

send out those letter saying that the payment for trips is a voluntary contribution but if you don't pay the kids can't go because the school can't afford it ?

My argument was why organise these things if they haven't got the money, oh and don't forget all the teachers and helpers go free, paid for in the child price :angry:

The teacher places are usually free, as most theatres, etc, offer 1 free teacher place in say 10 child places, therefore parents are not paying for the teachers tickets. If the teachers didn't go, then neither could the pupils!!

Pants, pants and double pants....so I should be at home having babies....not off working to afford a house like that round here....

I'm more vocal on this cause guess whose taxes pay for them :wacko:

At least our MP had something vaguely decent to say.....

M

Edited by murtle

:ohno02: blimey 3 sets of twins, theres no way he can claim job seekers alowence because you have to actively be seeking a job, round here your given a interview every 6 weeks where they give you job interveiws to go for, if you dont get one of the jobs offered, they see you as not seeking a job and stop your benifit.

The comment the mother made about having kids is what she was made for, is rather sad, imagine thinking that was all you existed for, she dosn't come across as being the brightest bulb in the box

I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman feeling that motherhood is that important. I don't have children yet, but if/when I do, I would like to think they'll be the centre of my world.

However that's no reason for her to assume it's just fine to have 12 kids and not have to work and for them to be entirely supported by others who do work. That makes me very cross. I don't get why the guy can just choose to give up work and go back to claiming benefits when he likes either, but then I'm not really sure how the system works. Rob tried to claim income support once when he couldn't get a job but we got told my earnings had to cover both of us, which they didn't. Nowhere near. Would be nice if sometimes there was a bit of help/a break for those of us who spend most of our lives working too.

I don't like the comments about them not being the right sort though, I think those are awful things to say and there's no excuse for that. Like others have said, it's the system at fault really, it almost seems to encouarge such behaviour at times. Not that I'd refuse a house like that if someone wanted to give me one for doing nothing.

I amd absolutely disgusted at this! They shouldnt have had so many kids if they couldnt finance them!

My mum and dad retired after working all of their lives, paying taxes. They sold there house and bought a boat

and were living off the proceeds from the sale of the house. They went abroad and did casual work in return for

favours. Usually clothes, and spare veggies. They both got very good at 'skip ratting' as my dad calls it.

Salvaging stuff people threw away. Anyway, they had an explosion on the boat, 40 degree heat and a very minor

gas leak (they did have a gas alarm but too late by the time it worked). The boat exploded and they lost everything!

Clothes, photos, passports, everything. Luckily they had just gone ashore before it happened and were in the dinghy

when they heard the bang. They had to get visas from the embassy to get back here and had clothes and money

donated by fellow boat people. When they got back here, they went to the benefit people and were told they

wouldnt get anything for at least 3 months. Now bearing in mind they came home with one suitcase between them

and nowhere to live, had only private pensions to live on and no home, never mind furniture etc!

My dad never claimed one single penny in his life. In fact when I was a kid, we hardly saw him cos he worked 3

jobs! We were all furious to say the least!. My brother squeezed them into his house where they stayed for at

least 6 months. with my nephew (9) sleeping on the sofa and my brother paying for their keep.

Sorry, i know I have waffled but I'm so bloody furious after what my parents went through and my dad paying in

for best part of 45 years and my mum for 35 years and told they were getting nothing!! Not even an emergency

loan. :angry:

Then if he doesn't get enough money to support all 12 kids then he should keep his flies zipped firmly shut.

Why should we support them. Fine if people are genuinely on benefits, but to deliberately not work is appalling IMHO.

Kazz xx

Now that he has admitted that he choses not to work, maybe the benefit agency, should cut his income down!!!

What a bunch of skanks!!!

That makes me so bloody angry :mad:

Edited by amanda72

we give houses to people like this family and to foreigners who try to blow us up :wacko:

The 4 London suicide bombers were British born and at least one was a teaching assistant, I am not sure about the failed attacks recently ( as I was out of the country ) but I thought they were Doctors or professionals of some sort

I don't think there is a any link to social housing allocation and potential terrorist activity nor are all attacks committed by foreigners ( or all foreigners terrorists )

:(

Am I being naive to think it unlikely that Asda pay so little for a full time job? Calculated on 4 weeks per month and 37 hours per week, £350 works out to roughly £2.36 per hour. I appreciate that it was a few years back but all the same! So that suggests to me that he was talking about a part time job, not full time which does cast a different light on what he is saying.

Even so, could anyone possibly afford to feed, clothe 12 kiddies. :wacko: I know I struggled when I had my daughter 16 years ago. I did a twilight shift just after I had her as we (me and the ex) were struggling.

Like Sarah said earlier on in this thread, there is a family with a lot of kiddies that live near her that car wash, cut grass etc to survive.

Believe me, this lot are seriously annoying me. I think on a plate comes to mind. Why the hell should our taxes pay him and her to live in a lap of luxury basically. :mad:

Like I said in my earlier post I have no problem with people claiming when it is genuine. But this lot FFS it's ridiculous.

I don't like the snobby comments though in the article.

Kazz xx

Edited by redditchlady

Also,they decided to have so many children,seemingly without considering how they could afford them, no-one made them. If everyone behaved like this where would we all be?

This is what annoys me too. I'm not into having kids so it isn't any great sacrifice for me, but I can't understand why people have lots of kids if they know that they can't pay for them.

We don't drink or smoke. We spend very little money on day to day luxuries. We will have the occasional snowboarding holiday (usually every 3 years or so) or if there is a U2 tour we will go to some shows (tours are usually 4 - 5 years apart) but other from that we don't really do anything that costs money. I think that we would struggle to afford to have kids. I couldn't just go and have lots of kids and expect the state (us/our taxes) to pay for them because I had them knowing that I couldn't afford them.

Edited by Abigailj