UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Introduce Yourself

Pingu

I am Emma. I have a husband George, James (7) and Beth (4)

I have Smudge a female cat (10), she came to live with us, from a rescue, 1 month after we got married in June 1996. That month is the only time in my life I didn't have a cat living with me :rolleyes:

Tess, a dolly mixture, with a bit of staffie joined us on 19 March last year. She was 6 months and spotted her on DP about a month after joining. She came from Scottish Staffie Rescue. Tess was rescued from an abusive owner, and has such a sweet nature.

We would love to add another dog to our family sometime in the future :biggrin:

Emma

Guest Vikinggirl

I am Dawn and I live in Northwich with the love of my life, my hubbie Steve, and as from November, the Lovely Lucy, who came from WAW.

She is the most gentle, delightful, friendly and funny little girl and it is my greatest privilege that she has allowed us both into her life and accepted us both so unconditionally.

Age 43 (me not Lucy :laugh: :laugh)

Overweight and a big softie............ :rolleyes:

Hello, I'm (female) Alex. :D

I live in Manchester with the following monsters :

Milly - 3 year old blue merle border collie

Taffy - 3.5 year old retriever/collie x

Beau - 3 year old sheltie/collie x

Max - 5 year old black and white collie

Timmy - 18 month old mostly collie with a smidge of whippet

You can just about see them all in this pic:

56608dbc.jpg

Also in residence are the 4 cats :

Kinky - 7 year old black and white female

Garfy - 6 year old ginger male

Tabitha - 10 year old (ish) tortoiseshell female

Lily - 7 year old tortoiseshell female.

I'm Amy, 24 live with my fiance Ben in Oxford after emigrating south from Warwickshire in 2004.

We have Tyler a 3yr old fawn whippet (in my avatar)

I do also have a sex-crazy budgie, Nigel, but he lives with my mum as he has a "special" relationship with mums cockatiel Pablo (don't ask :rolleyes: )

I do a bit of transporting and homechecking as and when needed :)

My grand plan is to finish my MSc, move to a bigger place get another dog, some chickens and try to be self-sufficient :unsure:

Gawd, me too. Praps we need a fat & 46 club?

Sign me up then !

I'm Karen , 46 , but feel about 26 most of the time , occasionaly feel about 86 :wacko: I live just outside Liverpool , with Rascal scruffdog aged 8ish , Jig whippet x aged 9ish , George scruffbag aged 2 ish and Declan small scruffbag aged 2ish , I also live with Joe 20 , Sinead 17 and hooligan Billy aged 15 , I have another daughter Rhiannon who no longer lives here , we also have 2 goldfish types in a tank , and lots of outdoor fish and frogs in a pond , I am in the throes of getting divorced at the moment and enjoying the single life once more :)

I'm Sarah and I'm 29. I live with my fiance Dave in Surrey and I work as a manager in the Civil Service.

I'm involved with Wiccaweys (although not doing as much as I'd like at the moment due to lack of time & money) and I foster small animals for Furry Friends Animal Rescue in Surrey. I used to be the Animal Care Manager for a wildlife rescue so I also take in the odd wild casualty as well.

I had a big fright the other day when I realised there were now over 100 animals in my house. Thankfully most of them are just temporary residents! So I'll stick to photos of the ones who share our lives permanently:

Loki, Wiccaweys collie, about 3 and a very silly, wiggly, giggly over friendly kinda girl who likes lots of attention and isn't afraid to dress up to get it

birthdaygirl4.jpg

Cassie, one eyed Wiccaweys collie, about 5. Likes the quiet life, very cuddly and soppy. Hates having her picture taken! Spends most of her life upside down on the sofa :rolleyes:

A146.jpg

Begley, Wiccaweys boy probably collie cross sheltie. Arrived very shy but has turned into a cheeky, friendly little man who loves a cuddle and some horlicks before bedtime.

begley9.jpg

Meg, our first failed Wiccaweys foster. About 10 at a guess, a bit deaf, a bit senile, a bit decrepid, a lot silly. She has the ability to switch between old lady mode and 8 week old puppy mode. Although by far the oldest she is the most playful of all our dogs. 1 picture wouldn't do her split personality justice so here's two

Sleepy Old Lady Moo

Image156.jpg

Silly Moo

05082849moo.jpg

And then our second failed Wiccaweys foster ( :rolleyes: ) Tess. About 2 years old Tess was rescued from a farm where she was chained up and badly beaten. She arrived incredibly nervous and is still extremely wary of strangers. It makes me sad that no-one else gets to see what a fantastic dog she is. She is ridiculously silly and trots about with her tail permanently wagging but all everyone else sees is a trembly girl who watches them waryly from the top of the stairs. But having her love and trust is like being exclusive members of the best club in the world :biggrin:

DSCF00332.jpg

Ok next up is the ratties.

Lily is about 18 months old. She is the naughtiest rat ever and is always up to mischief. She has just had her third lumpectomy and as usual she immediately pulled out her stitches and went on the rampage.

05050915.jpg

Jasmine is about a year old and a fat, grumpy old bat! She can be a lovely affectionate girl but god help you if you disturb her sleep. She's the only rat who has ever given me a proper bite.

jasmine4.jpg

Honey, aka The Honey Monster, is also about a year old. She is another naughty rat and she's also a bit of a cheap slut. Show her a (neutered obviously) boy and she jumps on them and beats them up like a flirtatious school girl.

05071328Honey.jpg

Squirt was born here to a pregnant foster rat 5 months ago. He was the runt of the litter so I handreared him a little and got rather attached. He has now gone from runt to elephant and although he's not yet fully grown he's by far my biggest and heaviest rat!

05102233.jpg

Dumpling is about 7 months old and is a real sweetie. He likes to think he's big and tough but the girls terrify him. He lived with them briefly but they bullied him so now he lives with Squirt and they're great buddies.

05092302.jpg

Ok, next the chinchillas

Star arrived in November 2004 as company for my boy Shadow who has since gone to the bridge. I found out a few weeks later that she was carrying some extra baggage when she popped out a couple of surprises. So her two sons ended up staying as well. Star is a rather quiet chin who just likes to sit at the very top of the cage keeping everyone else in line

05071879STAR.jpg

Her first son is Apollo who was born 4th December 2004. He is a big, noble sort of chap who has inherited a little of his Mum's reserved nature but has his cuddly moments

05071877.jpg

His brother is Astro who is a really naughty little monster. He is always first out the cage at playtime, seems to think I'm some big spring board and is forever boinging on to things he shouldn't. His favourite trick is boinging into the rat play area and winding them up before boinging back out again.

05071878ASTRO.jpg

Living with the chins are six degus. Their names are Orla, Erika, Raini, Reya, Mimi and Kandi. These are all names meaning Queen as degus seem to have ideas well above their station. They very much rule the roost and keep those naughty chins well in their place! I've just realised I haven't uploaded their pics yet :rolleyes:

Then I have 5 roborovski hamsters called Buffy, Tara, Cordelia, Dawn and Anya. They started fighting a little so Anya and Tara live separately. They all look something like this

05082829robo.jpg

Buffy, Tara and Cordelia share a home with my boy mice who are

Spike

05071866SPIKE.jpg

Xander

05071865.jpg

and Mini Wee

05071864.jpg

And then wildlife wise, there is Piglet who is a blackbird brought to me as a nestling last spring. She had a badly damaged wing so will never fly well enough to be released. This is her a couple of months ago whilst still moulting through her head feathers

05120510.jpg

And my most special baby, Mollie. She came to me nearly 7 years ago having been caught by a cat. She was fed cows milk and peanuts by the people who found her which left her very sick. She is brain damaged and has the occassional fit. She makes the rest of the residents here look wild! She likes to come out for a run round, bump into things and then fall asleep on my feet or up my trouser leg. I estimate that she sleeps approximately 23.5 hours a day :rolleyes:

05071845MOLLIE.jpg

I spose I ought to do some work now really :biggrin:

i'm cheryl i'm 22 live with my OH in Winsford, Cheshire origianally from the Wirral ('posh scouser'). I work for a well known high street photographer who do not give discounts to their staff :-(

I have Henry my Westie who is like my left arm and between us we have the three beagles as well Honey, Datsun and Louie.

Im allie...which i know will surprise many of you. Im 28 live in west sussex with:

OH 30 (i think...might be 31 :unsure: )

Kids:

Mattie 9 going on 22 or 2 depending on the mood

Caitlin 5 definatley thinks shes 30

Joe 2 3/4 yrs cute but likes to scream alot.

Baby Aimee (who always gets called baby aimee poor moo!lol) 7 mths

Animals:

Boo aka bommerang muppet numpty lazy begger approx 4 yr old staff cross (which will also surprise you)

Dot 10 yr old moggy

raggs (cos if you stroke her thats what your hands will become) 9 yr old moggy

Casper 4 yr old moggy

I stress out over staffycross, run up huge phone bills, seem to be permantly attached to the computer and talk rubbish to mel alot.

I'm Sam, 28 and i live in Leeds with:

Rhodesian Ridgeback, Dylan 2 years old who is the love of my life and best friend

Moggy, Oliver 6 years old who tolerates Dylan and I cos he likes the food!

No Kids (although always have a gardenful of local kids who come to play with Dylan)

No OH as can't find one who can cope with Dyl and Oliver

Working my way up so i can earn lots of money and work from home which means i will be able to live in the middle of nowhere :biggrin:

oo i would love a lamb on my sofa :D

Taylor - where abouts in Essex are you, Im an Essex girlie too, Rayleigh and work p/time in Southend.

Shazzy

Hi -

Im Sharon as if you didnt guess :laugh:

I live in Essex with OH Sean, Arron 22, Scott 21 and Cherie 19.

We are bossed around by:

Izzy - Pyrenean Mountain Dog 4 1/2

Honey - Goldne Lab 2 1/2

Flynn - GSD x 18 months

Portia - Persian x 16/17

Holly - Moggy - 12

Sparkey - Horrid, bossy, beautiful humungous moggy 6

Bob - Lionhead rabbit 4 (lives indoors)

Harvey - White Magicians rabbit (great escape artist)

Tigger - Chinchilla (age unknown)

Percy - Rescued racing pigeon

Doves - too many to count and not quite pristine white anymore as Percy got there with his pecker :wacko: :wacko:

Mrs T - Giant Terrapin

Do a bit of homechecking and transport when I can.

I'm Anne, 40 something and living in a gorgeous village in Somerset with my hubby Dave. The important members of the family are Willow, who's probably whippet x greyhound and about the snootiest madam I've ever met. She's about 9 and we got her 5 years ago after she was picked up as a stray. She knows we're her servants :laugh:

And then there's Eddie the elderly, an ancient whippet lad who was almost starved to death, and had mange, kennel cough etc. He's now an exceedingly loved and spoiled lad :wub:

And finally there's Hamlet, a Syrian hamster who was about to be chucked into a field to his fate.

Oh yes, my mum lives with us too, best not forget her! :laugh:

I am a trustee for Sighthounds Online, and I also do a little bit of homechecking for various rescues. I make dog biscuits, Dixie's Delights, and I clean the local library and council offices for 2 hours early morning and evenings.

I'm rather partial to cooking, taking photos, reading, hunting for the paranormal and of course, Ford Capris! I freely admit to driving a gas guzzling 2.8i special, and I love it!