UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Poo!

ranirottie

I was wondering what most people do with the dog poo in their gardens. We are lucky that our dog patio is built around a man hole so we just lift the cover,drop it in and hose it away but a friend used to bag hers up and put it in her bin and she was told off by the dustman.He said that it was strictly against health and safety rules to put it in the rubbish bins or bags. x

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bury it. But I have a big garden and only 2 dogs.

Although we do have a manhole, I don't like to put it down there because I don't think that manhole is a sewage one - it seems to be just for the rainwater drainage, so I think it might go into an open stream or the river at some point (we are on a steep hill with a river at the bottom).

We have a manhole but I'd never thought to put dog poo down it - and I'm not sure it would be a good plan :unsure: Ours goes in the bin. We did try one of those doggie loos but a) it wasn't really suitable for more than a single, small dog and b) I don't think we dug deep enough/our soil isn't right or something. We used one as I grew up, with our one dog then and it worked ok but I'm sure it was bigger than the one I bought :unsure:

Ruby mostly 'performs' on her walks so we use the bins provided.

If she does go in the garden then I bag it and then it goes in with the household rubbish. I have checked with our council some time ago to confirm this was acceptable. (before they put poo bins on the new estate)

Down a man hole with it here and flushed with hose,

Tricia

Us too. Chicken poo in black bin liner and up the dump - will get a compost going one day as chick s*** is supposed to be the best thing to put on the garden.

I've seen the man at the park emptying the poo bin into a black sack along with other rubbish- I'm not sure where it goes from there! I though it would be incinerated but maybe not!

WE put ours in poo bins if available, otherwise it gets bagged and goes in ours. On some or our walks there are no poo bins so I tend to put it in the public bin in a bag, better than leaving it on the pavement I reckon and not much worse than a lot of stuff that gets put it in bin.

Edited by alexis

We were learning doggy law at our dog club a couple of weeks ago and were told that dog poop can go onto the rubbish bin if it's double- bagged. So if you have bin bags it has to be just in a sealed bag if you have a wheelie bin it should be in two bags.

Edited by Spins4me