UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy Second Gotcha Day Daisy

zico's mum

:wub: 2 years ago today Duncan and I were heading to Newport to meet the wee girl I saw on Terrier Talk to see if she would fit into our little world.We met TracyB and Toby and Buffy in a large park and it went fabulously well - after quick greetings all 4 did their own thing on a walk occasionally coming together for a game.I stayed on and took them both for a long walk to tire them out and we came home in the afternoon - I was very very nervous as I'd never had 2 dogs together,nor had I had a Rescue dog before.I needn't have worried,they have got on wonderfully right from that very first meeting and are the best of mates.Huge thank you to TracyB for alerting me to her,to HWAR for not imposing blanket bans on working owners but matching the dog to the home and to the lovely lady who came all the way from Torquay to do my homecheck.

We both love her to bits and even though she's responsible for several more grey hairs :wink: I can't imagine life without her.

The first photo of her I saw on TT (thanks Tracy for letting me use it)

c00008a61b7a03d3118b772caed51ac21.jpg

In the park after meeting Tracy

MVC-007S.jpg

30 minutes after arriving home

MVC-010S.jpg

My most favourite photo of her - and also Mays pinup on this years HWAR calendar.

Daisy.jpg

The loves of my life

Walkies010.jpg

and a very cute outtake

Chritmas001.jpg

Edited by zico's mum

Thanks folks,my little rescue girl is so special :wub: Actually she's helped spread the word about rescues locally because folks have been surprised that a Border Terrier was in rescue and also that she doesn't have "issues" that so many expect rescue dog s to come with :( (Well if you're a cat she has issues :laugh: ) Laurel and Hardy that photo was taken on the Quantocks.