UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Britney Spears

cheryl33

doesn't she have 2 kids now? She should get a grip on herself and go be a mother.

Someone on the news suggested she might have post natal depression.

I don't know she's doing it for publicity - I suspect she can get all the publicity she wants by going out for a coffee, no need to shave her head for that I'm sure.

Tis a shame when these celebs with apparently everything still don't seem content, still seem to be seeking something "more".

I don't know much about it, but it does seem to me she missed her childhood and teens as she was famous, and maybe that crazyness needs to come out at some point. Those years are fundamental to discovering who you are, and she probably never had the personal freedom to do that as she was the princess of pop or whatever.

I don't think its publicity she's seeking. To be fair, she probably doesn't know a time when she wasn't followed about, its been what, 10 years in the business or more?

Its really sad to me, sad for her childhood, sad for her mental health and sad for her kids. She probably loves them to bits but wasn't ready for them at that time. Money and fame just can't buy you happiness.

She has been in and out of rehab over the last week and seems to be in genuine distress. :(

It is difficult enough going through a divorce, especially with 2 very young children involved. She has to do all this in the glare of the worlds media which can only make it worse.

I adore Ms Spears :wub:

The poor girl, like most child stars, they have never had a childhood. What have the parents done to these children, living their lives through them, it is so wrong. You can only hope that she will find help, instead of like some of the others eg Michael Jackson.

I heard on the news today that she has checked back into rehab after only staying for one day last week. I do feel sorry for her because it does seem as if she has basically missed out on being a teen HOWEVER she has children to consider now so I hope she sticks at rehab this time and get herself sorted for their sakes.

Edited by zoe

I don't know she's doing it for publicity - I suspect she can get all the publicity she wants by going out for a coffee, no need to shave her head for that I'm sure.

I agree with this, she more ommonly flashes her girly bits for publicity, she wouldn't shave her head and make herself look like Gollum for it.

I read a bit about what's been going on this morning, but it's hard to tell the truth from the normal press shock horror stuff. It's very sad though because whatever the cause she's completely lost the plot, she's gone back into rehab and has at least had some sort of breakdown.

But, then I think, she's been out partying with Paris and leaving Gran home with the babies she was desparate to have young, and her lawyer is right in his concerns that she is not helping her custody case by running around high, flashing her foofoo and getting ar*eholed every night. The alternative, Kevin Federline, is hardly an attractive prospect either.

However, I wonder how much of this is plain old rebellion. She was seen on their reality show DVD saying she felt trapped by the kids (and also arguing that time travel like in Back to the Future is possible, hinting maybe shes a little unstable). According to reports (that's the disclaimer) she had an argument with her mother who told her to settle down and be a good mum just before she went on the rampage.

I dunno. I feel sorry for her, but I feel sorry for her kids more.

She has been in and out of rehab over the last week and seems to be in genuine distress. :(

It is difficult enough going through a divorce, especially with 2 very young children involved. She has to do all this in the glare of the worlds media which can only make it worse.

I agree. I feel really sorry for her - she needs to get all the help she can before she risks losing her kids. Lots of people go off the rails or suffer from depression when a marriage breaks down - unfortunately her every move is being reported on very negatively in the press so it's bound to have an effect on her :(

doesn't she have 2 kids now? She should get a grip on herself and go be a mother.

Exactly. They should be her top priority. I couldn't care less that she's 'missed out on her childhood', hasn't had the opportunity to be a normal teenage girl, she's been more privelliged than many. She chose to have those children, she said she was ready to be a mother so she should stop boozing with her hangers on and get back home to care for them properly. She needs to be with her family who will have her best interests at heart, not the likes of Paris Hilton who care only about making as big a show of themselves as possible.

Silly silly girl.

I agree with Phoebejo. Get a grip and be a mother. We all make choices in life and have to live with them. she is setting a bad example to people who like her and children and young mothers everywhere. 'With great power comes great responsibility' as Spiderman was told. she had the potential to be great but she went off the rails. I sympathise to a point but believe that not having a childhood and having too much to young is not an excuse for her behaviour. Give anyone the opportunities she has had and they might choose differently. And given the choice I believe she would still want to have those opportunities again regardless of the outcome. She chose 'poorly'. (I think there is something wrong with me with these film references this eve!)