UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Britney Spears

cheryl33

I don't know... in a way I feel sorry for her because the girl is clearly very mixed up and does need some kind of help but on the other hand she has made her choices and now has to live with them just like the rest of us. She has an extremely privileged life, she chose to do all that stuff, was determined to be a 'star' and that's what she got. She also chose to have kids young and now she needs to look after them. None of this is those little boys' fault but they will be the ones who suffer from not having their mother around. I'm the same age as her and while I like to hold other people's kids and occasionally think 'oh that would be nice' I know that there is no way that I am really ready to have kids yet.

It was reported this morning that she has again left rehab - there are also reports that her ex husband has arranged an urgent court date. Sounds like he may be going for sole custody of the children.

I do feel sorry for her, she really does seem to be in an awful state at the moment, but somehow she needs to pull herself together for her kids.....or she could lose them.

I heard on the news today that she has checked back into rehab after only staying for one day last week.

Not getting at you at all, just using your quote, but does anyone else get annoyed that things like this are in the news, to be honest, who cares in a way, she should pull her socks up and be a good mum or give her children to someone who can be a good influence and guardian to them, not adoption, but a nanny, her mother or someone!

We all have crap happen in our lives, lots of people have to grow up fast, but she has priorities other than herself and her career and love life now!

TBH I'm shocked that some people are suggesting she should "pull herself together". Have any of you ever suffered from depression or had a breakdown? Nobody knows for sure what is going on in her life so we shouldn't believe what we read in the papers, but she certainly appears to be having some sort of mental breakdown and I am shocked that people think it's as easy as pulling herself together, especially if she is suffering from post natal depression. :(

TBH I'm shocked that some people are suggesting she should "pull herself together". Have any of you ever suffered from depression or had a breakdown? Nobody knows for sure what is going on in her life so we shouldn't believe what we read in the papers, but she certainly appears to be having some sort of mental breakdown and I am shocked that people think it's as easy as pulling herself together, especially if she is suffering from post natal depression. :(

I agree!!!

Her ex is going for sole custody? He quite happily left his previous child and his (then pregnant) girlfriend when he got together with Britney. My first thought is if he gets sole custody, he get more money.....

i have sufferred from clinical depression, I have been there.

I also think that sometimes it is all to easy to point the finger to mental illness when someone acts irresponsible, maybe she really does just need to pull herself together, maybe she needs to be forced to stay in rehab, whatever she needs, I don't think it should be on Sky News top of the hour report :wacko:

on GMTV the other morning they reported that a new technique used by lawyers in america is to take hair samples which they can test for drug abuse. they said that it could be possible that she'd got rid of it for that reason....?

it also said that the salon had actually refused to cut her hair so she grabbed their clippers and did it herself then threatening to sue them for not doing it! last i heard, her hair was on sale on ebay!!!

she has also stopped talking on her website which she used to make sure she did daily.

not sure if this is a cry for help. looks more to me like someone who really has no idea where to go cos shes on the verge of losing everything. i dont think she cares about publicity at the moment or the consequences of her actions. shes got so many people telling her what they think she should do and what people expect of her that shes just had enough!

it is a pity bout the children tho, but without sounding harsh, who doesnt sometimes wish they could have a break and not worry bout theirs?

She needs to sort herself out for her kids. Its all very well it being a cry for help but your kids always come first, if she cant look after herself she cant look after them and its as simple as that.

I know i sound harsh and im in no way condemming her for possibly having a mental illness but i find it all too easy for those with fame and money to neglect their kids under the guise of having a mental illness and nothing be done about it.

She needs to sort herself out for her kids. Its all very well it being a cry for help but your kids always come first, if she cant look after herself she cant look after them and its as simple as that.

I know i sound harsh and im in no way condemming her for possibly having a mental illness but i find it all too easy for those with fame and money to neglect their kids under the guise of having a mental illness and nothing be done about it.

That's what I was getting at - she needs to act for the sake of her children. It wasn't a flippant "sort yourself out love" kind of remark. When my husband left me with crippling debt I was on the verge of depression....I was acting in a way completely out of character, I struggled to drag myself out of bed most days for a while but when I looked in the mirror and had a moment of clarity and I asked for help before things got too bad. The only thing that kept me going some days was my dog, I made myself get dressed and take him out for walks. As brammie says it seems so easy for famous people to just go through life without taking responsibility and no-one really pulling them up on it. It may not be front page news that Britney left rehab again, but people are interested otherwise it wouldn't be reported and we wouldn't be discussing it now. Does anyone else remember when she was seen with her baby on her lap while she was driving? If she really is suffering from some sort of illness then I do truly feel sorry for her, but I think maybe it's a case of too much too yung and she's struggling to cope. In which case she should bite the bullet and ask for help.

I think shes falling apart and we watch in wonderment :unsure:

Too much too quickly as a young girl. Peer pressure and expectations from adoring fans and cynics a like.

Everything in her life picked at and talked about in one form or another.

And now suddenly left to struggle old bad habits, a hectic family life which I really feel, she wasnt in any way prepared for. Her husband up and quits it all when he feelis like it, and does nothing to help. Now to kick her when shes down and try to take everything away from her. I dont think shes a bad parent, maybe misguided and unwell.

She seems to have surrounded herself with "goodtime" buddies that vanish quickly when the bad times and downers begin.

I also think cutting her hair may be the first sign of self harm.

I hope she gets the help and support she needs and deserves.

Big Britney fan - I wish her a speedy and happy recovery and hope she manages to get back on track very soon. I look forward to a new single :biggrin:

I agree that depression is not something you can 'get a grip on' easily and that it is an illness (been there) but the point I was making is that I do not think being a child star and/ or rich is an excuse for excessive/ dangerous/ irrational behaviour. I think it is wrong that the media are homing in on her breakdown (if that is what it is) because it is setting a bad example to people who look up to her - unfortunately being a celebrity and rich brings with it certain responsibilities which wanted or not are dangerous if they are not seen to be acted upon. This is not her 'fault' because in the end, you would never ask for your breakdown to be broadcast throughout the world. I sympathise with anyone who is suffering as she clearly is, but not staying in rehab/ helping yourself means ultimately that she is not fit to look after her children and will eventually lose them. And if she cannot get better then it is better for the children if they are with someone who can look after them and raise them fairly. (And I am not suggesting that K F is the right choice either).

I hope she makes a speedy recovery but not staying in rehab and partying as she allegedly is, is not conducive to getting well and doing anything to stay with your chilrden. And if she is not ready to be healed then she should not be raising them and so the circle goes round.

i'm a britany fan too (although not that big!), but i think your looking at her with rose tinted glasses! she didnt get dumped, she dumped him and on blooming national t.v! she was known for partying way before her relationship with Kevin and its well known exactly how she treated Justin! shes a girl used to getting what she wants, for whatever reason, and shes just throwing a public tantrum for not getting it! if britany were male, i'm sure our responses would have been completely different! i mean i dont see a 'bless poor Robbie Williams' thread! lol