UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Introduction.....

staffymad

Thanks Fee :flowers: Typically, this morning Oscar seems completely back to his normal self! :biggrin: He has been getting slightly better each day and today (vet day) he seems fine! I'm still taking him though - he's due a general check anyway and I just want to double check that everything is ok... I'll let you know

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar!!! :wub: :wub:

At last! I love him so much and was wondering what had happened to you and why you weren't posting pictures of him. He's one of those dogs that I love to bits even though I've never met him. :flowers:

I hope all goes well for him at the vets.

Edited by JoT

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments and good wishes, it really means a lot to me :flowers: :flowers: Brilliant result at the vets tonight! All his wobbliness had completely disappeared today - the vet gave him a thorough check over and has basically put it down to the sun. It was REALLY hot here on Saturday and Sunday, Oscar was in and out of the house and although we kept bringing him inside with his fans and wet tea-towels on him, it seems that the dizziness could well have been brought on by the heat of the sun. The vet checked his ears, heart, temperature, felt his body all over, and asked loads of questions. She said that he is in very good condition for a lad of his age. :biggrin: She said as it was an isolated incident, and that his behaviour hadn't changed it all, she was happy for us to just put it down to the sun, but of course to get back in touch should anything happen again. She said sometimes these things happen also for no apparent reason and that as long as they don't re-occur, there's no reason to worry. I'm so relieved!! :partytime: :elefant: :jumpy: :bounce: :laughingsmiley:

We will of course be watching him even more now for any signs, but hopefully that's an end to this - phew!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I have put my introduction in the correct place! My name is Mary. I have had lovely Patsy Pug for three years. She was a breeding bitch at a puppy breeding farm in Wales. When she had difficulties after her last litter she was sent to a pound where she was spotted by a rescue centre from where I live in Dorset. I am so very grateful that they did not turn away from all the obvious expense she was going to cause them. As well as her insides needing treament she also had to have an eye removed. Despite all this she has the sunniest nature and I love her to bits.

Previously I have had two little Pomeranians and a tiny Chihuahua. All rescues in one way or another .All three had Cushings Disease and two also had heart problems. I miss having a tiny dog to hold and fuss over.

I found your site when someone on another forum told me about the tiny Yorkie that had been found in such an appalling condition. I cried when I saw him -----so small ----needing so desperately someone to really care-------I was upset at the ending------please God ---lI hope they look after him-------he reminds me so much of my first little dog Boycie who arrived in similar cicumstances-----no teeth , no hair , no sight either. I was able to care for him for 9 weeks before he made his journey to the Bridge.

I look forward to meeting up with old friends and making some new ones . Mary

Hi everyone, my name is Debbie and i've not been a member of the oldies very long and this is my first post...2nd attempt at posting actually!! :wacko:

I hail from Lancashire but now reside in Redbourn, Hertfordshire with OH, H. My initiation into the world of dog rescue began 11 years ago when I adopted a beautiful border collie, Smudge, from BC rescue..as was..now BC Trust. We had just over 10 years together, sadly he went to the Bridge almost a year ago. :mecry:

On a visit to Dogs Trust at Harefield we found Jasper. He's a 4yr old black & white, one blue eyed BC originally from Scotland, scared of allsorts at first particularly balls, toys and cameras. He is now ball obsessed, likes toys (but not as much as aball) still camera phobic! He's a real sweet boy, loves people+ likes to say hello to other dogs but can't dilly dally if there's a ball around! :)

His vices include chasing rabbits& cats in the field + ignoring all calls and bribes to come back, taking over the sofa/bed and generally being wherever I want to go in the house!

I have spoken to Cindy (Staffymad) and am hoping to become an involved volunteer. Would like to take all the Oldies that people overlook (wouldn't we all??!!) but can't until we win the lottery...tomorrow's Saturday...here's hoping!

Hi all

I am Natalie and I am a homechecker and have checked a number of homes out for The Oldies Club, I also run a Fun dog show in Essex which the OC takes a stand at, on top of that I am The Lab Link rescue Co ordinator for Labrador Forums and a homechecker for numerous other rescues.

We have just moved to a village in Essex on the coast called St Osyth and I have to say its wonderful here.

This is a piccie of me and my 2, Jack the Labrador and Maia the Utonagan

PICT0019.jpg

and my favourite oldies, my mums 2 Cavvies, Josh and Sam who are often over to have fun at the beach, Sam the Blenheim is 11 yrs old and Josh is 9 yrs old.

PICT0016.jpg

Edited by Jackthelab