UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oc 2nd Anniversary Walk ..............

jazziej

The Oldies Club are having their 2nd Anniversary Walk at High Lodge, near Thetford from 10:00 hours on Sunday 15 April 2007 ....... all are welcome. High lodge is situated in a lovely location, part of the Brecklands Forest, and has many pleasant walking routes that are not too arduos for both dogs and their companions.

The walk will be held in conjunction with the Forestry Commissions inaugral "Walkies in the Woods" campaign to which the Oldies Club are affiliated. The OC will be having a stall, our helpers will be happy to chat about their role etc. we all look forward to seeing you on the day.

Bring along a picnic, or something to put on the barbie for a brilliant day out. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet friends old an new, catch up on the goss ..... who knows you might even be on the telly lol!

There is a standard entrance fee of £6.00 per car, further details can be seen at http://www.forestry.gov.uk/thetfordforestpark

Please kindly indicate if you will be coming along, thank you. :) :)

John

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be able to make the Thetford Walk as I'll be in Sussex that week but would love to meet up for a London/South East one at some point. Hope it's not a silly question but can young dogs come too? I do still have Stanley, my oldie staffie boy, but he isn't really able to take part in much due to his health. Would it be ok to turn up just with Tiffy & Kai?

:thumbsup_anim: Are they all going to be held on Forestry Commission land or is that just the Thetford one?

At the moment the Thetford Walk is the first one arranged in conjunction with the Forestry Commissions' "Walkies in the Woods" campaign. Hopefully there will be others, I'm sure details will be posted as and when plans are made! :) :)

The Forestry Commission has so much land which is little used, watch out for local news of their "Walkies in the Woods" campaign. The Oldies Club are affiliated to the campaign, our 2nd Anniversary Celebration walk in Thetford Forest will be the first one in East Anglia; hopefully as the campaign builds momentum there will be more walks advertised nationwide! :) :)

To far for me as well but looking forward to seeing where the South West walk is going to be held.

Rufus and Titchy says they promise to be good doggies and not to shout at the oldies and run rings around them and trip them up (hides face in shame)