UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oc 2nd Anniversary Walk ..............

jazziej

Oooo...I shall deffo be on the walk.The other 2 at Thetford have been great fun...albeit freezing cold by the time that we sat down to eat. :wacko:

I will mention it to Cher as I'm sure she will want to come.....We'll have to put up with her! ;)

It will seem funny without her Jess who went to the bridge recently and Lizs Kline and Cheryl and Mike have lost 2 of their little ones lately too I think......and,like last time,Seb will be in our thoughts too.I see he is still in your Avatar John.

Any chance of some pix of him on here.....and Kline Liz?? :)

OMG...I have just noticed that it says 10am!!!! :ohmy:

I have a job to make it there for 12!!Are we not meeting at the normal time then or is it that it opens at 10am as I am as likely to be there at 10am as Cher is to say something useful!! :wink:

Edited by Kaye9

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be able to make the Thetford Walk as I'll be in Sussex that week but would love to meet up for a London/South East one at some point. Hope it's not a silly question but can young dogs come too? I do still have Stanley, my oldie staffie boy, but he isn't really able to take part in much due to his health. Would it be ok to turn up just with Tiffy & Kai?

I would support that idea :biggrin:

The event does start at 10:00 hours but we have to erect the stall etc., so there is no need for you to lose any beauty sleep Kaye, lol! :rolleyes:

I suspect the walk will begin when everyone arrives, hopefully about 11:30- 12:00ish. After the walk you can keep warm by the barbie ........ :biggrin:

The day Kaye9 arrives on time will be dooms day :biggrin: she has never managed it yet!! and as for me saying something useful,cheeky moo,I asked if anyone wanted coffee.........that was useful! :rolleyes: I will try to be there with Ebbi and Kizzy and whoever else is with us at the time. It will be very strange without my Jess,she behaved so well on both of the other walks. :wub:

here are mine on one of the walks last year with my Jess.

andagain-1.jpg

Edited by ranirottie

I hope you don't mind,JazzieJ,but I have posted a couple of the pix you sent me from the last walk.

ThetfordWalk18.jpg

In this pic we have Louise with her EBT,Cheryl and the gorgeous Mike standing at the back grinning,Liz,Mel and her mate and Casper and Kline in the forground and Katie and Bandit visible on the left.

ThetfordWalk40.jpg

This is Bandit,Katie and Skye scrounging food from my Fiance,Jamie with my daughter Emily and on the other side of the table is Bren with my other daughter Vanessa.

No problems about the pictures Kaye, I imagine Doms sensory garden is looking good now, especially since the Winter has been so mild!

If it works ( no telling with my knowledge of technology) I have added some more pictures of the walk .......

Stewart and Helen, Bren Lou, Russ and Trena Kaye (the shy one) hiding, with Cheryl and Mike. With assorted woofies who's names I cannot totally recal lol!

a128c04c.jpg[/img]

Before the start, a time for saying hello ....

meetingandgreeting.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I suppose if you left now you might get there in time pmsl! :biglaugh: :devil:

Too right John...It's always Cher who holds me up!! :D :laugh:

I hope this walk starts closer to 12 than 11.30am though.I've got 3 kids to sort out aswell as the dogs.Cher just spends the morning making her self look boootiful!! :sick02:

Edited by Kaye9

[i will mention it to Cher as I'm sure she will want to come.....We'll have to put up with her! ;)

It will seem funny without her Jess who went to the bridge recently and Lizs Kline and Cheryl and Mike have lost 2 of their little ones lately too I think......and,like last time,Seb will be in our thoughts too.I see he is still in your Avatar John.

Finally managed to get on here.... Sadly Bud is another who won;t be there this time. :(

Lucy Greyhound and Alice "Oldies" Terrier will be, along with new boy Toastie. I am sure Bud had a paw in Toastie coming to live with us, as a couple of weeks after he died I took the normal Christmas box to Dogs Trust, along with his coat etc. Was fairly upset, and it was busy there so did not really speak to anyone. The next week I got a really strong urge to take down a pile of newspapers - kept telling myself it was silly to go all that way, especially as by then 2 o'clock on Saturday, but eventually went. When I got there there were only a couple of other people plus the staff, who were saying how much Bud had achieved with me. Said if they had any more oldies or awkward to rehomes to let me know, and they just pointed behind the desk.... 2 dogs there, one about Bud's size (my preferred size) - nice dog, but no spark for me, and an emaciated little terrier. To cut a long story short, guess which one came home a few days before Christmas. The lady there had a strong urge to bring him up to reception that day, even tho he had been so poorly! He is at least 10, has 3 teeth, a grade 2 heart murmur and is deaf. He had got an infection after neutering, then kennel cough, then d&v...... the day he came home he weighed 5.3kilos, now stabilised at 7 so you can imagine how scrawny he was. I was not trying to replace Bud, however I am sure he had a paw in things, the way it all fell into place.

Edited by buddyboy

It will be nice to see Alice and Lucy again not to mention introductions to Toastie, this is the joy of OC get togethers etc, a time to meet friends old and new .......... I look forward to catching up with the latest gossip lol! :biggrin: