UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

aw poor loki! the three horses from work that are down at our boss' house having a rest at the mo broke out of their field in the early hours. our boss is away so the manager got a call at 630 this morning to say they were out on the lane :rolleyes: its 2 clydesdales and bear the big lazy lump - he likely the culprit and so he's going back up to work today :rolleyes:

didnt have a lesson as instructor is off up to the highland show today with ash and solo so we took a couple of the horses out for a hack then a play in the field - so hot thou!

anne thats a lovely pic :flowers:

we took a couple of the horses out for a hack then a play in the field - so hot thou!

Hot??? How come you have heat and all we have is rain like we have since Monday, that's not fair :laugh:

I love that photo Anne, he is so handsome and has such a kind eye :wub: Will he come back to you after his schooling?

Piccies as promised!

With Mum

2007_0623_122855AA.jpg

Being brave

2007_0623_122925AA.jpg

And scratching

2007_0623_122946AA.jpg

Hacked out on Rolo for the first time in ages today, and other than a violent bit of headshaking when we hit a load of moths he was fine! He shook with me on board today - now that was an experience - my friend said I looked like someone trying to sit on one of those greasy log things that you get in It's a Knockout! :rolleyes: Than God for my grip pad is all I can say!

oo i hate it when they shake! that foal is seriously cute but then again the mum is absolutely gorgeous :wub:

had very sad news when came in to work this morning - the early staff had found one of the ponies who is 18 and has been there for 7 yrs down the field with a broken leg :( bubble was the sweetest pony you could meet - vet came out after finally getting through to the receptionist that it WAS an emergency and yes the pony was in a LOT of pain - he was standing there shaking bless him. He had a good life and was so close to retiring but very sad. Everyone loved him and a couple of the lasses had had him at their house to give him a holiday and their mums used to take him walks round the village as well - will be missed lots esp by his pal, bruno as well.

Bubble a couple of winters ago in his bubbly rug - we had gone up to stables on our day off for a riding and were just feeding the horses we were using....Bubble had sneaked up the field spying the food - couldnt say no to his little cuteness.

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0333-1.jpg

Edited by phoenix21

Sorry to hear that Phoenix :GroupHug: Gallop free Bubble :wub:

Glad to hear you had a nice hack Bradders, I bet it was good to be out and about on Rolo again :biggrin:

Beeautiful foalie :wub:

Loki has got better but still very jumpy, having spoke to our lovely healer about what happened she came and saw him today and did wonders, hopefully he should have a good nights sleep tonight :)

OMG! Cute foal!!! :wub:

Poor old Bubble. Gallop free . :GroupHug:

Sounds like a fun hack Jen!! :laugh: :laugh:

Had a fantastic weekend!! Hacked on saturday in my new saddle, had a gallop on the beach and I absolutely loved it!! Felt 100% more confident, didn't feel at all wobbly like I used to and could really feel my legs on him! Schooled in on sunday (for the 30 minutes of sun shine we had!!) and he was amazing!! Even took him into the 'big' fields (around 50 acres!!) where Iusually have a nightmare because he tried to nap back to the gate...and even cantered him in there!!!! He seems so much more relaxed and confident...I'm sure it's because I am but whatever is doing it...I like it!!!!!

And then yesterday!! Had the day off work (was very poorly sick :mellow: ) and got a phone call from Lynn. Going something like...

L - Ummmm Jacky think you might want to come here.

me - why???

L- well I not sure but think Kane might of cut his leg.

me- oh no...what makes you think that?

l- wellllllllllll I just tried to move the horses around abit, because Barney was getting very rampant with Indy so I thought I'd put Indy and Minty in the bottom field and leave the geldings and Barney in the 2 fields next to them so that Indy has a break from him being a horney devil.

me- yes that fine I don't mind.

L- wellllllll....Kane sort of wasn't very impressed that Minty got to go in the nice field (he's on starvation paddock right now!!)...and sort of wellllllllll jumped the fence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me- what the 4 foot fence with barbed wire ??????

L - yes that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me- okay....did you see him jump it...

L- yes...it's was bloody impressive!!!

me- I'm coming over NOW!!!

Got there...and my show jumping lunatic had the tinyiest little cut on his back leg, which could of infact not have come from the jump!!!! I can't believe he's cleared it where he did...with the position of the fence in the field he's cleared nearly 5 foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I really can't wait to do XC with him!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Poor Lynn was horrified.....I was well impressed!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Wow - so much has happened and I've only been away from here for a week!!!

Gorgeous foal piccies Bradders

Really sorry about Bubbles, he looks like a lovely pony that will be sorely missed

Wow is all I can say to Jacky - sounds like you and Kane are going from strength to strength - can't wait to meet him in person

Sounds like both Loki and Rolo are doing great too.

Anne - please can we have some more gorgeous warmblood piccies pleeeeaaaassseee

I've finally done it - I've sent in my entries for the regional dressage finals - despite no recent competitions, nowhere to school, no trainer (she is injured) and probably no chance!!!! Althogh the elementart test is the same one we won last time out so hopefully Apple will remember what he did right!!!!

I'd forgotten you'd not met Kane yet Katherine!! He's a boring brown cob to most people....until he shows his fiery side!!! :laugh: You'll have to have a go on him on the beach, I think he's the most comfortable horse in the world !! (Unlike Danny...but don't tell Jayne she'll never notice!!! :wink: )

Apple will walk it, he knows his stuff, you'll be fine! Well done for being brave enough to try.

WTG Kane! He was just getting in a bit of extra jumping practice! :biggrin:

Wanda has dressage again Sunday, I'll have make sure she's awake because it's P12 and there are so many circles and turns she'll probably disappear up her own bum! P18 is ok but my serpentine's are crap. :biggrin:

Lovely foal pics!

RIP little Bubbles.