UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I love Merlyn :wub:

today was a big day for Herbert. He got to go out in a paddock :bounce: (<-------- pretty much what he did on the way out there :happy: )

First boss lunged him, then she rode him, then she lunged him again. Then we let him off in the sandschool (indoor) and he just walked around really quietly, didn't even roll or anything. We put a rug on him and walked to the paddock, about 4 metres before the gate he just leaped up into the air and got a bit excited! I was holding on best I could lol.. We got into the paddock and I quickly got the rope off, and he raced around for about 4 minutes, then settled down and started grassing. He didn't know what to do, eat, jump, run or roll. So he did it all :sleep: He looked so happy. He would grass and then do a little bum-in-the-air kick while eating lol. He was out for about an hour, and was a happy boy when we brought him in. Now we are just hoping hs leg still looks good from all the running!

hello :wavey:

Just popping in to say 'I love your horse update thread' and am a huge lurker :biggrin:

Also, to say I want Lucy at Trallwm Farm. If I could, I would you know :wub: . The very last horse I owned 10 oh OK, 15 years ago was a bay ex TB race horse also called Lucy. They look a little similiar.

Anyway, 'as you were'.. :laugh:

Glad you enjoy it Helen. I just love having other people to bore about horses!!! Luckily 1 girl at work has taken up lesson's so she's fast coming hooked as well!!! :laugh:

Can't believe that little pony turned into Merlyn!!! :wub: :wub: How many hands is he? Think he's bigger than Kane - which is saying something!! :laugh:

hello :wavey:

Just popping in to say 'I love your horse update thread' and am a huge lurker :biggrin:

Also, to say I want Lucy at Trallwm Farm. If I could, I would you know :wub: . The very last horse I owned 10 oh OK, 15 years ago was a bay ex TB race horse also called Lucy. They look a little similiar.

Anyway, 'as you were'.. :laugh:

Thought it was only me who did that.. :ph34r_anim:

...Can't believe that little pony turned into Merlyn!!! :wub: :wub: How many hands is he? Think he's bigger than Kane - which is saying something!! :laugh:

He is 15hh, Jacky, and his vital statisics are:

a. Girth circumference – 77â€

b. Belly circumference – 85â€

c. Base of neck circumference?- 65†? OMG!

d. Width between the front legs - 10â€

e. Width around front of chest/shoulders to back of front legs/elbows – 44â€

[laugh]

Best of it is, he actually possesses a snaffle mouth and has brakes! He is usually only ridden in a vulcanite mullen-mouthed snaffle, so a very mild bit. In company, and when liable to become excited, I use a vulcanite pelham on him with double reins. Neither bit will stop him spooking and spinning around like a green 3yo, though. :rolleyes: Hard to believe he was born 13th May 1986!

:cool: There are a lot of us non horse owning lurkers here :laugh:

Hopefully I will get back to riding once I finish my course n Ireland, it had to give way to dog shows in the summer but I want to start again (again) and will continue to hope for a lottery win which would allow me the time and money to have my own horse. :wink:

:) What a lovely excuse to stay away from your PC, but fancy hiding such a super pair of coloured horses away from our view? :biggrin:

Are they related?

BTW, if any of the non-horse owning lurkers live near me, and think they have the experience to ride Merlyn, or help with Bronnie's education, please let me know! :laugh:

Edited by AlTRPD