UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Looking forward to hearing how Bopps does!

Iven ot been on this thread for a while as when I splt with my OH he took two of the horses, so I've found it very hard to think of anything horsey for a few months.

However next week Miss B (Easta) is coming back into work shes been out of action really since last October!! So please keep your fingers crossed that my beautiful girl will be fine and that we can hopefully do some competitions next spring with her. I''m hoping to go and see her next weekend and discuss about getting her clipped out and ready for action.

:biggrin:

Bopp came second :partytime: jockey worked hard all the way, Bopp did not do a lot by himself :laugh:

Katya had been moaning a bit because nobody had remembered that it was his 100th race, and she was upset about it (with her upset always comes out as moaning and ranting :happy: ) only she was the only one on the track who DIDN't know about the little surprise arranged for her.

After the race she and Bopp+jockey was called to the winners circle along with the winner, for a little congratulation ceremony and an interview. Bopp got a lovely blanket with the words: HALE-BOPP 100 starts written on one side, he looked suitably unimpressed :happy: They asked her how long she planned to let him race and how you keep a horse of his age mentally up to the game, and she truthfully answered that he is spoiled and gets away with LOTS more than he should :laugh:

Bopp is 10 this year btw.

As she walked him to the stable to get him ready for a bath, he was bucking all the way up there. Some horses never change :rolleyes: :wub:

Bopp came second :partytime: jockey worked hard all the way, Bopp did not do a lot by himself :laugh:

Katya had been moaning a bit because nobody had remembered that it was his 100th race, and she was upset about it (with her upset always comes out as moaning and ranting :happy: ) only she was the only one on the track who DIDN't know about the little surprise arranged for her.

After the race she and Bopp+jockey was called to the winners circle along with the winner, for a little congratulation ceremony and an interview. Bopp got a lovely blanket with the words: HALE-BOPP 100 starts written on one side, he looked suitably unimpressed :happy: They asked her how long she planned to let him race and how you keep a horse of his age mentally up to the game, and she truthfully answered that he is spoiled and gets away with LOTS more than he should :laugh:

Bopp is 10 this year btw.

As she walked him to the stable to get him ready for a bath, he was bucking all the way up there. Some horses never change :rolleyes: :wub:

Aaaww Bopper, made me all teary reading that :mecry: :wub:

Golly everyone has been busy and well done Bop! I've not been on for a bit as me bloody knee is being a pratt and won't let me walk, inconvenient to say the least. Even from the bedroom to the study (spare room where the poota lives) was impossible. Hope everyones saddle trauma's get sorted, our fitter is coming out Thursday to check all, I wish I could send her to you because she's great!

Here's a random picture of Obe popping his first ever cross country jump!

DSCF3071.jpg

Hello! another 1 not been on 4 a while and its lovely to catch up on everyones news.....obe looks lovely in that pic :wub:

Ive started this week with tiffany. went up last sun and hacked out with the owner and her other horse so could get an idea of where to go etc. Then had tues off work so went up to yard and went on a longer hack with tiffany's owner, another lass at the yard and the yard owner. The farmer whose farm the livery yard is on owns up to 2000 acres (no joke!!) and so at the moment we can use any of the stubble fields to ride in and have access to the fells. We went along a cycle path then up towards the fells and had a few canters in fields then over fell and back down again was great! The school isnt going to be built until dec unfortunately but in the mean time we can use the school up the road so not too bad.

Went up after work on weds. She is living out at the min until clocks change (the stables are still bing built so its only tiffany, jerry (the owners other horse), corky and polly (yard owners horse) so its dead nice.

hacked out with corkys sharer. Was light when set off but half way round the rain clouds came and went really dark!! stupidly hadnt put reflective stuff on so we trotted all the way home in the pouring rain, scarey. have now ordered a reflective sheet off ebay for us. I dont think will be able to hack out after work for much longer as its getting darker earlier but i have to hack up the road to the school and although its on a quiet country road id prefer to be seen!!!

probably wont be able to get on again for another couple of weeks when i am home again so am sure will have lots more news to catch up on!!! :biggrin: