UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Lovely pics Anne. All are beautiful babes but their is something about Evita that makes me swoon even more :wub:

The physio came out to Loki today and could find no soreness in his back so the two weeks off seem to have done the job :biggrin:

Signing off for my holidays now, hope everyone has a good week :flowers:

Ann has foalie piccies I have fattie piccies! :biggrin:

His lordship is putting on weight just on fresh air at the mo - this is me on him this mornign in my friend's very odd dressage saddle, which is the only thing that seesm OK on him at the mo!

I am not sure how safe I would feel hacking him out in it - there is nothing to support you legs - literally just the flap of leather betwen you and the horse!

He is already getting very hot, so may have to start clipping him soon.

2007_0923_104854AA.jpg

2007_0923_104906AA.jpg

Was not prepared for photshoot - hence huge stable stain, grubby tail and unruly mane - but that is what he usually looks like! :laugh:

Jen - Great pic of Rolo, err, is he really that err, well, err, plump? :biggrin:

How do I put this tactfully! He is certainly on the chunky side! Lord knows how - when I went to try him, he was on 3 hard feeds a day as well as grazing and hay , and they could not keep weight on him. He is on a handful of low calorie chaff, a little hay when he is in during the day and shares his grazing with 3 others, and is huge!! :)

Actually he is not as fat as he looks - he has no crest to speak of, and only a very slight "centre parting" on his rear end, but, as my friend has so nicely put it, his confirmation doesn't do him any favours - something called "slab sided"? Means nothing to me, but makes Rolo feel a bit less self conscious!! :laugh:

Doesn't help that he has had virtually no ridden work over the last few weeks because of our saddle issues.

I wish I could work out how to put the photo that was on his advert on here - what a change!

so not my spotty trousers then

NookieStallion.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lovely looking horse :)