UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I think I have found the only reliable and very skilled farrier around - she shows up when she says she will - rings me 20 min before she will be arriving so I can drag the boys in, is very patient with Will and has made a huge improvement in Apple's feet - This is one I will not be losing!!!

I think the key thing there is SHE :laugh: If only there was more female farriers!

physically very well. He is still a shorty, but also a fatty :happy: I will get new pics soon. He is shy though. This started out of the blue when he was about 3 weeks old. I work a little bit with him every day, but ooooh I can't put a foot wrong and he runs to his mummy. Today we had them in the stable for the first time since Surprise died, and I had a little head collar session with him, which went quite well :) He has the most beautiful head!! Short with broad forehead and big dark eyes :wub: He is such a handsome little man.

Morning

Having a half day today to ride with my mate who's bought her horse to Lynns for a few days....and it's absolutely blo*dy pouring down!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Went out with her yesterday afternoon...and Kane was scared of her horse!!!!!! :unsure: :unsure: He's usually very good with new horses, but for some reason he was actually terrified!! He spooked every time he came near and he just stood snorting at him!! We got to the beach and when I tried to take Kane nearer to Donk's he just kept spinning and tried to bolt!! My friend said that sometimes when she used to show him other horses thought he was a cow because he's got very distinct black and white markings!!! Hopefully because they've spent the evening which only a fence between them he'll have calmed down!!! What a fool my horse is!!!

Think kennedy is a lovely name!! :wub:

Kennedy is a lovely name (its my surname :biggrin: ) any pics of him, he sounds gorgeous.

:laugh: at other horses thinking your friends horse is a cow :laugh:

Farrier showed up last night, said Pea should be fine for his vetting, will see on Sunday if he is OK to lunge as I didnt want to work him with such a bad crack

Edited by crazyspaniels

Anyone got any experience with this saddle? I need a 16.5" seat in wide, which is only available in this one and the cob saddle with the Thorowgoods. I don't think a cob fitting would be right for Blue, which is why I thought of this one :unsure:

I tried the T4 last week and hated it. But best to try it yourself and see what you think :flowers:

Anyone got any experience with this saddle? I need a 16.5" seat in wide, which is only available in this one and the cob saddle with the Thorowgoods. I don't think a cob fitting would be right for Blue, which is why I thought of this one :unsure:

What are they riding him in currently?

My advice would be to find a reputable saddler and have one fitted prefessionally - the last thing you want is to have him off work with a bad back. (The voice of expereince here - good luck with finding a decent saddler! :laugh: ) You could ask the saddler to bring a Thorowgood and a Wintec for you to try - I personally prefer Wintec's to Thorowgoods, but I know Jacky is the other way around - it is all down to how things suit you and Blue :)