UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well done Clare and Loki :thumbsup_still:

Hope you get some answers soon about Blue, he looks relaxed enough doesnt he :wub:

Vinnie sounds like fun, love chestnuts/liver chestnuts......no piccies :eh:

Lesson today was on a new pony called Barney being trialled for the riding school and he is a wee cracker, really forward going and loves jumping (a Magic with brakes), riding him again tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Thanks, will be glad to get him home tomorrow. Am now wishing, since we have to cancel our dressage camp, that my vet had tried box rest and danilon first, before referring him. Am just wondering whether Leahurst are looking too hard for something that can't be found? If he has tweaked himself in the field, nerve blocking his legs isn't going to make any difference, I would have thought. I know they are the experts, but I just can't help wondering whether he'd come sound after a period of rest and anti inflammatory treatment?

No advice but hope you find out the problem soon and the solution of course and get back to riding :)

I was riding Barney again today and he is great. We did a few small jumps and next lesson we're doing the small course that will be set up for the show on Thursday night.....cant wait :pinkie:

Glad youre having fun riding again EAD!

Hope Blue enjoys his time at home. Its so fustrating isnt it :( I dont blame you for questioning..

To be honest im having similar thoughts, im thinking of being a bit sneaky and doing a few things differently with Milo to see if they work.Firstly my vet was sure he wouldnt need different shoes but having spoken to my extremely experienced farrier last week he has put some different shoes on him to see if they help. My view is, this is his 'last chance' now. I may aswell try something else!! Im also thinking, as none of the modern medication has helped him in any way shape or form, of trying him on something like Global Herbs. I have sent them an email today to see if they can advise anything. My thoughts are, that nothing has worked so far. I may aswell spend the next month or so trying things out before I have to turn him away...

Glad you are enjoying your lessons on Barney :wub:

Picked Blue up this afternoon, thought he would be a nightmare to put his travel boots on, as he has had so many injections into his legs over the last few days. However he was really good :wub: Thankfully he can still be turned out every day, and I have to keep him in light work every day before his gamma scan. Will be making use of the horse walker and mooching around the school most evenings me thinks. Don't think he missed me as much as I missed him :laugh:

(null)

So good to hear you are enjoying your lessons again EAD :flowers: Barney pics please :biggrin:

Glad to hear Blue is home, hope he can come right on his own and not need the scan :flowers:

Good luck with Global Herbs CP, I really like their products so hope they can recommend something

I went for a showjumping lesson yesterday with a nice trainer I have used before that visits the area now and again. Thought as I could only run to one lesson between Munstead and Mattingley it would be better used with someone who knew us both already. She had studied the video of Munstead and already knew what needed to be done, and wow did he jump well after I was told what I was doing wrong :D So much so that we had to stop jumping as he was using himself so well I was nearly being jumped off and he was exerting himself rather more than we wanted on the ground.

So now all I need to do is keep my head and try and remember what I have learnt when I go in the ring on Saturday!

I was just wondering if anyone else was going to buy this (sorry for the Amazon link I cant find it anywhere else) I have an ancient ropey old VHS of him breaking a wild filly and its stunning...... this man barely speaks above a whisper and is so calm...I wish I could manage a 10th of his calmness....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00606FBPM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

So good to hear you are enjoying your lessons again EAD :flowers: Barney pics please :biggrin:

Glad to hear Blue is home, hope he can come right on his own and not need the scan :flowers:

Good luck with Global Herbs CP, I really like their products so hope they can recommend something

I went for a showjumping lesson yesterday with a nice trainer I have used before that visits the area now and again. Thought as I could only run to one lesson between Munstead and Mattingley it would be better used with someone who knew us both already. She had studied the video of Munstead and already knew what needed to be done, and wow did he jump well after I was told what I was doing wrong :D So much so that we had to stop jumping as he was using himself so well I was nearly being jumped off and he was exerting himself rather more than we wanted on the ground.

So now all I need to do is keep my head and try and remember what I have learnt when I go in the ring on Saturday!

No photos??

Ooh that sounds good!

Hmm don't ask about photos, OH was there with the camera, when we got home I said can't wait to see the videos so I can see the difference in the canter as he felt amazing, to which he said "oh I didn't video anything, it didn't seem very interesting so didn't bother, just took some pics of you standing around" :rolleyes: Considering he is so good towing us around on my whim, I just about refrained from killing him :D

Ooh that sounds good!

Hmm don't ask about photos, OH was there with the camera, when we got home I said can't wait to see the videos so I can see the difference in the canter as he felt amazing, to which he said "oh I didn't video anything, it didn't seem very interesting so didn't bother, just took some pics of you standing around" :rolleyes: Considering he is so good towing us around on my whim, I just about refrained from killing him :D

You need to get him riding bring him over to the 'dark side'.... :)

Edited by grace

Glad you enjoyed your lesson Clare, and good luck for the weekend :)

Lunged Blue last night, think he has picked up some bad habits whilst at Leahurst. Because they only want to see him trot on the lunge, as soon as they have seen what they need to see, they stop him and call him into the middle. This means as soon as I ask him to walk, he just stops and walks towards me :rolleyes: Not sure how am going to get him to Leahurst for his gamma scan though, as they said it needs to be in 3 weeks, which takes us to May bank holiday weekend. Mum and dad are away the weekend after, so not really sure how am going to get him there and back...

Hope you can get something organised Gooster :flowers:

Those with hobbly horses looking at alternatives, have you given MSM any consideration? I have been doing some research and have been impressed with what I found, and it seems an inexpensive and natural thing to try (and I got a free tub with another supplement!) it has sat in my shed for a while but have just started Loki on it. Apparently a lot of joint supplements don't include it at the correct levels for it to be effective. Just thought I mention it :happystrange:

http://www.pegasushe.../msm_for_horses

Wanda has joined the broken horse club, she tripped in the arena last night and has hopefully done nothing more than strain the tendon sheath. She's on box rest for a week and bute but will be checked on Thursday! Bugger, just when she had entered a dressage comp!

Re Global herbs, Wanda uses Pollenex, Banner is on Supercalm, Sam's broken horses are on Boxrest, Movefree and Tendonease. I've used GH for years for various reasons and swear by them, always had good results!