UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Im struggling .....I have a photo on my phone that id love to post but I cant get it to work...I have emailed it to my work account and saved it as a JPEG on my PC but cant get it from there onto here?

You need to upload it onto photo bucket and then use the code to get it on here. If you want to email it to me, I'll do it for you :flowers:

My email is [email protected]

Am debating whether to go up to the farm today and muck out his stable ready for his homecoming, or wait and see what the outcome or the scan is. The yard is moving onto 24/7 turnout on the 20th, so there seems little point in me going up and doing a full muck out if he will be able to go out in the field less than a week later, might as well skip the stable out and leave the wet undisturbed until all the bedding comes out ready for it's summer paint and cleaning session.

(null)

Was just coming in to check how Blue had got on, hope for good news tomorrow

Loki's bloods were fine, had a very interesting visit from a physio who works on the nerve sources to muscles, have the saddler coming tomorrow then we'll come up with a plan. I have flu and a middle ear infection so not sure how riding for the saddler is going to go tomorrow hope I don't wobble off!

Turns out he did have his scan today. The vets phoned me about an hour ago. Apparently they usually lunge them before making them radioactive, but his lameness was that pronounced in his left hind, that they couldn't lunge him for that long. Anyway, they did the scan and nothing was found that would explain his degree of lameness :mecry: :unsure: So, they can't do anything with him now until Thursday as he is radioactive, so the plan for Thursday is to nerve block the fetlock again. Then depending on how that goes, he then may need the joint medicating and then months of box rest :mecry: :mecry: Am so depressed about it all :(

Thanks, my friend is going to see if they scanned his back, as when I spoke to Simon originally, he said that any bone problems anywhere would be picked up on, but the impression I got yesterday was that they just scanned his left hind :unsure:

Anyway, here is a picture of Hyjack, who is owned by Grace's friend :wub:

temporary-8.jpg

Oh yay theres the baby....I have know him since he was a tiny little foal.....he has the sweetest temperment....

he is 5yrs ols and just started Pre Novice eventing in Ireland.... (You can follow his progress on the eventing ireland website just type in hyjak) he is by Jack of Diamonds out of a homebred sports horse mare

Oh Hyjak is gorgeous :luvlove: What a lovely photo, love both their expressions.

Really hope they scanned everything Gooster and you can get some answers soon.

Saddler came out today she was very nice and by a turn of fate had on her van from her visit before me a Albion dressage saddle with Flair would you believe!! Its old a bit tatty and brown but to my eye sat on him lovely and looked a nice fit which saddler agreed with and to boot I thought it very fairly priced, unfortuanly she arrived quite late and there was a lesson on in the school so couldn't play much but had a walk trot and canter and he felt happy in it and so did I, she feels that if we can get him working properly again he will outgrow the saddle very quickly, so its hopefully the right saddle for right now at the right price - famous last words :D

• Like 1

Blue update - after being shut up in a stable since Tuesday, when they got him out this morning he was sounder than he has been on Tuesday. They nerve blocked the lower fetlock region and that gave 'significant imorovement' :) They are going to do more stuff with him tomorrow and let me know what they find...

With regards to iridology, it's not something I know too much about, so can't comment too much, but I have to say that whilst everyone's iris is slightly different, I wouldn't say there can be too much going on that would indicate something is going on elsewhere in the body :unsure:

(null)

Yay good news Blue is giving up some of his secrets! Fingers crossed they can come up with a definate diagnosis tomorrow :o)

Yeah Im not too sure about it either but someone who is very respected has suggested a lady for Loki who she has worked with for 3 years and had some amazing results :unsure: Hmm I wonder if its time to try something a bit unconventional!

Suppose it would be worth a try, so long as it doesn't break the bank... :unsure:

Think the vets are getting a bit frustrated with Blue now. Nothing they have done today has made any significant improvement, so he has to have further tests on Monday. Total bill is just short of £3000 :unsure: I think whatever happens, we'll end up with Bute and box rest for a few months, so dunno why they don't just stop wasting time and money and send him home now :rolleyes:

(null)

Agghh how frustrating! What are they going to do on Monday?

I think I've changed my mind about the Iridologist, I did book it for next week but it was expensive for something Im not sure about so have cancelled.

I am still trying to decided whether to get him scoped but at the moment I think not before I go on holiday. I hacked out today and he was really spooky and stupid but was thinking forward could just be the grass thats sprung up but think I will wait and see if the saddle and physio have helped him.

Hyjak is gorgeous :wub_anim:

Hope you can both get to the bottom of Loki & Blues problems, sounds so frustrating. Fab videos Clare btw....doesnt he just look soooo keen at XC.

And hope Milos move is good for him too.

Riding has been going good, have ridden different horses over the last couple of weeks each lesson which will do me no harm but Barney is definitely my favourite.

We've been doing small xc jumps and small course in the arena.

Had a quick chat with one of the girls at the yard who has been riding Magic and she thinks the owner might sell him on again as he isnt being used that much in the riding school. Shes been riding him and feels he needs one-on-one attention and ridden daily, basicly a lot more work than hes getting atm. He does try to tank off with her but other times is great.

Makes me feel sad for all those horses/ponies out there who dont work out for people for one reason or another and they're just sold on :(

So pleased you are enjoying your riding again EAD :flowers: Sad about Magic but hopefully they will find him a suitable home where he can blossom.

Had a sneaky ride in the school yesterday as really wanted to know where we were and whether to get anything done this week. I didn't do much but I think there was enough of a glimmer of hope that he is happier for me to leave any further tests for a few weeks, a very cautious :pinkie:

So I have entered BCA Horse Trials, will obviously see how he goes but entries close this week so had to decide and its an event I really want to do if we can, as it runs on Fathers Day, I lost my lovely Dad to cancer in January and I would like to do something he would be proud of that day :crying_anim02:

Fingers crossed for good news on Blue today :flowers:

Edited by Clare