UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oh noooo :( Fingers crossed he has just tweaked himself playing in the field :GroupHug:

Ridden Blue tonight and he was horrid. Spent all week doing carrot stretches to try and help his left bend, it's not worked at all :rolleyes: He just wouldn't bend to the left at all, tried to leg yield him which normally helps with his bend, but tonight he just wouldn't move away from my leg and he just set his neck against me. His trot on his left rein was horrendous and he kept trying to rush off with me. Tried a little canter which was equally awful :( He has been naked in the field today and he was filthy, so am guessing he's been hoolying around and tweaked himself. Will see how he is tomorrow in our lesson, and if he's no better, may have to get the physio out.

He was completely and utterly lame this morning.when we trotted him up.

Rang the vets, my vet mark is away til Monday so have booked him to come Monday afternoon and spoke to another vet on the phone.

She said it sounds like the injections have worn off, apparently not all of them respond to them so we might have to try something else. Will have to see what Monday brings. If he says we have to do another 3-4 months recovery I will explode...

Sending lots of positive thoughts for Milo :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Lesson on Blue wasn't great tonight. I mentioned to Claire about his behaviour last night, so after we warmed up and he still didn't want to bend to the left, she got us to ride a circle on the left rein. His bending was non existent, and Claire noticed he was nodding his head a bit in the trot. He usually nods little bit when he is warming up as he isn't working properly, but he didn't seem to stop his slight nod. So Claire got on him to see what he was feeling like. As I was walking him around whilst she went to get her hat, he didn't feel quite right on his left fore, nothing major, but just not 100%. when Claire got on him, she agreed he wasn't quite right, so we called it a day on the lesson. There is no heat in his leg or foot, so I suspect he's probably just been daft in the field and tweaked himself. Going to try and take him for a little hack on Sunday (if I can persuade someone to come on a walk only hack, either on foot, or on horseback).

Tons of positive thoughts for Milo :GroupHug:

Hope Blue gets over his tweak quickly :flowers:

Having a headache over tomorrow, supposed to be going to Munstead for combined competition both dressage and showjumping on grass and the forecast is terrible with heavy rain from 6am turning to sleet and possibly snow by afternoon :ohmy: I have got everything ready as if we are going but don't want to go in those conditions, but do I trust the forecast :rolleyes:

I'm off to a show tomorrow at my old riding school - I was last there in the late 80's early 90's, so will be interesting to see how much has changed. Going to hopefully meet up with an old penfriend and her Fresian Mare, plus the Welsh Sec D mare I looked after a few years ago. :biggrin:

Aww Fern :wub: :laugh:

Did you go to the comp Clare?

Hoping for good news for Milo tomorrow :GroupHug:

Walked Blue out in hand today. Was going to ride him just in walk, but as the weather was horrid, I didn't manage to get anyone to come with me :rolleyes: As he won't go anywhere on his own unless I am on the floor next to him to protect him, ended up walking him in hand. He seemed ok, but he has mostly been ok in walk, it's when we get to trot that we have had the issues.

Hope the reunion went well K9Fan :biggrin:

Curious Fern :laugh: :wub:

Hope Blue is on the mend :flowers:

Good luck today with the vet CP :flowers:

No I decided not to go, very frustrating but having seen some pics and heard reports from people who went it was the right decision. Just wished I trusted the forecast and not spent all Saturday getting everything clean and ready :rolleyes:

Trying to find somewhere to go with him next weekend now, Im on a waiting list for a Eventers Challenge which would be ideal, otherwise their is some BSJA on grass with some unaff classes which I will have to do, I'm not sure where my hangups have come from with showjumping, but its getting a bit out of hand, someone give me a kick please :unsure:

Well....

Vet reckons Milo has done a bloody good job of totally wrecking himself. Sore back, asymmetric hips and very sore hocks making him lame on both hinds.

The plan is to literally throw every possible treatment at him. Tomorrow we're off to horsepital to have a course of Tildren and to have his hocks medicated again, and the vet also said he's going to give me a course of joint medication I can inject into him.

Following tomorrow he will be on box rest for a week followed by 3-4 weeks rest.

At least its not months....! Please send positive thoughts for a stress free day at the vets tomorrow....

Hope everything goes well today :flowers:

Got an email to say I have got a space for the eventers challenge this weekend so that should be fun :biggrin:

Also found out that I survived the ballat and have got into Munstead Horse Trials, all seems a bit real and scary now :unsure: :laugh: