UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

From Facebook sounds like Milo is better this morning so hope all goes well with the vet today :flowers:

Not the best of weeks has ended up with me having to have a hire car as someone had a go a remodeling mine, thought it should be more compact :rolleyes: I hate having hire cars, they just don't mix with horses and dogs. Keeping everything crossed they don't write mine off :unsure:

Oh nooooooo! 2 broken fugee cars :(

Glad the vet had good news for you though CP :biggrin:

Just had the most AMAZING lesson on Blue. Someone had left a pole out in the school, so my evil instructor decided to make us do pole work. Blue hates poles with.passion, and usually has a rearing spinning fit when confronted with one. At first she asked us to walk over the pole. Sure enough he went backwards and tried to rear. So we got him walking close to it, before he eventually realised the pole wasn't going to kill him :laugh: Then we trotted over the pole and he was absolutely fine, pinged over the pole with no problems. Then she got another pole out, so we had 2 poles to contend with. He was ace :biggrin: He was doing the most amazing trot work, and was so light in front, that you could hardly hear his front feet touching the floor as we trotted. His canter was lovely and forwards again. Think he definitely enjoyed the poles though (once he realised they weren't going to eat him!)

Milo worked beautifully for me last night, he was so responsive - I was almost a bit reluctant to ruin it by trying a trot :rolleyes: He was so funny - I asked him to trot on and he stopped a few metres later as if to say "but I thought im not allowed to do that anymore" :laugh: :wub: So I asked him again and off we went, and he stopped as soon as I asked. What a good coblet.

I was so proud of him when the vet came on Friday, after the initial trot up and flexion tests he asked to see him on the lunge. Although Milos not naughty on the lunge, he hasnt been lunged for 3 months and we had to go in the school (as the surface in our lunge arena is too deep really) which is full of jumps, I thought he was going to take off. He was only in his head collar and behaved impeccably, I asked him to trot on and he did - not even an excited buck or lurch forward. He was so chilled and calm, I was so impressed, so proud of him :happy: Im so lucky that he has perfect manners :biggrin:

Then ofcourse I had to ruin everything and dink my car :wacko: My excess is £400 which I really cant afford at the moment, I guess it was all too good to be true ... :mecry:

Aww good boy Milo :wub:

Not good about the car though :GroupHug: I'm still waiting to hear whether mine is fixable and I'm having to have intensive treatment from my Chiro as not been feeling good, so frustrating, but at least she could explain why I am feeling as I do, whereas I thought I had just gone a bit crazy :wacko: Still not tried riding again yet, might have a go tomorrow, last time I didn't have any strength in my arms or legs I felt like what I imagine a subuteo player would feel like, which was an interesting feeling :laugh:

Good boy Milo :wub: hope you manage to get something sorted with your car :flowers: Hope you managed to get back in the saddle Clare - there's nothing worse than having back pain :( :GroupHug: Am thinking about doing a dressage camp with Blue over the summer, hoping that will give me the rocket up my bum I need to motivate me (although am guessing my lack of motivation is due to the rubbish cold weather). Am away for a week on Sunday to Egypt, there are riding stables that get amazing reviews on trip advisor, so may look them up if I can peel myself off my sun lounger! It also depends on the weather, if it is too hot, I will not be riding - not fair on the horses.

Ooh enjoy your holiday Gooster, hope you get chance to go for a ride :flowers:

Our riding club do a summer camp which always looks fun and am tempted to go along, those that have been say its amazing how much you can learn when its just you and horse and nothing else to divert the attention :biggrin:

Looks like my car is a write off, just waiting for insurance to confirm, fab start to the year :rolleyes:

Yes they do one every year I think the last couple have been as Aston le Walls with the Taylors, Sarah will know :flowers: I doubt I'll ever have the cash at the right time but I can dream :laugh:

I'm very excited about the riding club clinic with Francis Whittington next weekend at Welly, I bet a lot of people from your yard are going aren't they?

Whats next for Milo, do you have a trotting time period then more scans?

Do you remember little Lilli? She was a rescue pony along with her mum Banner. I've always thought Lilli was a bit odd but as she was very overwhelmed by Banner's huge character I did expect an improvment when they went into seperate stables. There was a lot but still some things about Lilli did ring a few bells. She never looks up, she drags her back feet and she doesn't turn easily. Her physio did think her sight was not good and although she had normal movement on the limbs she did not use herself very well. I've tried pole work and she just does not get it at all, she would just trip over them.

So her vet came to visit and Lilli has very poor eyesight, he says she has early cataracts and a lot of white streaking in both eyes so will probably see through a snowstorm. She is wobbly behind if walked and her tail pulled to one side, she doesn't seem able to resist at all, if her legs are put in a crossed position she does eventually put them back but she is slow to work it out. Vet thinks neurological problems but it would be impossible to really find out what is going on, so my Lilli is a very special little pony indeed!

But she can gallop round the field bucking and kicking, she harasses horses passing by the field by galloping up and down and shouting at them and she has started to tease her mum by jumping on her and then legging it so my special little one is enjoying life and that is all she ever has to do! I'm so glad I have her, I think she would really struggle in the real world!

Baby Lilli

Lilli.jpg

Lilli now

LilliPad.jpg