UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Oh Milo :wub: He is looking wonderful!

Still no diagnosis on Wanda, she has has her hoof ring blocked today with only 40% improvement but that's about the most improvement on any of the blocks. Knee block did nothing so hoof x-ray tomorrow and see where we go from there. Another thought is her neck, she is hypermobile from one bit, probably from years of weaving so they may x-ray that as well. She is being very good apparently, but that's Wanda, if there is food she's happy!

Milo :wub:

Glad Wanda is content, hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

Banner :wub:

Poor Bumble, did you have words with the stupid woman?

Glad to hear Lokis mood has improved :wub:

Had jumping lesson today with new girl, going to stick with her rather than chopping and changing between the different instructors, flatwork lesson on Friday. One of the young lads on the yard had Magic out round the xc course today and said he was very keen.

I know people muddle through with money and bills but its vets bills we’re talking about for the dogs and those I cant cut back on, if they need operations and treatment they have to get it. Definitely going to wait and see how things are in the spring and go from there.

my friend has got a 16 hand thoroughbred. his name is 'urb'

if anyone near harlow has any tack for sale, please let me know. a 17 1/2 saddle

shes going to look on ebay, and someone said preloved is good

ill see her tomorrow night for more gossip lol

WTG Milo, super pics!

How are Loki and Bumble doing?

Wanda's news is she has DJD in both front fetlocks and in one vertebrae in her neck. She will probably have steroids in the fetlocks, putting it in the neck is not an option as it ususally leaks out with some odd reactions! I may go for Tildren too, the vet said to ask the insurers because of Wanda's age but she is not on a veteran policy so if vet recommends I can't see a problem! She may have to go on bute but I'm not sure if that is permanently as yet.

I still think her weaving, if it not actually caused the problem then it certainly hasn't helped. If stressed she can leave the ground with each foot as she sways manically from side to side.

I'm going to buy her some turnout boots to keep her legs warm! :biggrin:

Lovely pics CP, he really is stunning.

:GroupHug: poor Wanda. Dont know if this is any good but my old boy Pepper [now at the Bridge] used to have arthritis in his legs.He was on bute daily but when it got cold he'd wear travel boots in his stable admittedly they were the old style that looked like mini duvets and hed look comical in his rug and boots in the stable but they really made a difference. I know Wandas got different problems but it may help her :flowers:

Bumbles feeling better, a few days of danilon and he seems fine. I think hes so sensitive now to sugars even natural ones like in carrots that it affects him very quickly.I've always had to be careful with him but now its worse and when people feed him stuff and i dont know its a nightmare.

Edited by collies r best

Go onto the ex Race Horse Forum.... there is usually lots of stuff on there

my friend has got a 16 hand thoroughbred. his name is 'urb'

if anyone near harlow has any tack for sale, please let me know. a 17 1/2 saddle

shes going to look on ebay, and someone said preloved is good

ill see her tomorrow night for more gossip lol

We lost Arran today, he is the horse that talked to me. Over the last week he had stopped making sense, it was just a meaningless jumble with the occasional 'tired' comment. Today he coliced again, his melanomas had virtually blocked his gut.

His owner Liz made the brave decision to let him go, she adored him, she is devastated. We will all miss him, he was a character and a half!

Sleep well beautiful Arran, no more pain now. Dobbin will meet you at the Bridge.

2011-05-06155355.jpg