UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Ooh how exciting!!

Just had another fab lesson on Blue. My instructor's oh came along and took some video of us, which is going to put on a memory stick for me. Will try and get them posted on here when I get them :)

I think we have found Blue's favourite transition - he loves walk to canter!!!

Ohh horse hunting , great fun :biggrin:

Hope Lokis better :GroupHug:

My friend has her new horse coming over soon :biggrin: Hes 16.2 chestnut with black mane and tail and white appaloosa patches :biggrin: Sire was an leopard appaloosa, Dam was shire x TB. He looks stunning. She spent last weekend with him doing cross country course etc and hes passed full vetting. The next 10 days will drag!!

Bumbles doing so well i'm thinking of putting him in veteran in hand at a show on thursday :wacko: Its a 10 minute walk from our stables so if he wears his hoof boots i think he'll be fine to walk there. Just need to tidy him up and scrub him. We're leaving it as a late entry on the day so we can literally make a decision on the day. He turns into a nutty wide eyed tank at shows :wacko:

God its ages since ive posted.

Lessons going grand, on Magic all the time now but instructor mentioned today about letting me ride another horse for a change (told her no need as im fine) :biggrin:

Eight of us hacked out last week, Magic hasn’t been out hacking yet so was on Jacob who is steady on the roads. God some drivers just don’t slow down at all :angry:

This week we’ve been jumping a small course of 6 jumps (not sure of height, maybe 30-40cms), was really good fun. Hopefully going to video it next week.

Magic has been a monkey this week and jumped out of his field a few times into a neighbouring farmers land, here he is where he shouldn’t be looking an angel :wub:

253360_247986078553196_100000254177687_998092_8003839_n.jpg

K9Fran & Grace, how exciting, envious (a lot).

Clare hope you get to the bottom of Lokis mysterious problems soon poor boy and poor you, so worrying :GroupHug:

CP 3ft yikes but good for you, doubt i'll ever get there.

Gooster Blue just knows who his mum is and loves ya :wub:

Hows Bumble doing?

Edited to say Gooster cant wait to see your video, glad lessons are going good.

And glad to hear Bumble is doing so well, look forward to seeing piccies of your friends new horse.

Edited by EAD

Magic :wub:

:mecry: i think i've jinxed Bumble saying about the show. Hes got no heat/raised pulses but slightly footy walk so i think lammi is likely :mecry: Hopefully got it early this time but either way its not good :mecry:

Theresa has horses in the field behind mine and lives hers out apart from winter time. Shes just told me shes getting a 6mth old colt in october and isnt getting him gelded until hes at least 2yrs old. Annie is a complete tart and is going to be a nightmare when theres an entire boy next door. I know as a baby hes safe but what age are they capable of breeding. If ferns still with us thats another worry as shes only 11.3/12hh and hes expected to make a good 16.2hh.

Update - pony was duly viewed, and a 3 month loan with view to purchase was agreed. He's a lovely little (13.3) blue and white 'traditional cob'. Very people friendly (loves to lick your hands, arms, knees) he leans his chin on your shoulder. He seems like a nice ride too - although he's still a bit green (he's 7) it doesn't sound as if he's done very much. Goes barefoot (his feet look very good on it too) and lives out... Shame the yard is a 30 mile round trip from me, as it was a lovely place.

Have just returned from jumping at our local pony club show, had a really nice day out. We hacked there as it was half a mile up the road from my yard, id hoped maybe riding there would assist in taking some energy out of Milo but I was so wrong :laugh:

It was our first time on grass so I was expecting him to be a bit more forward, which he was! He tanked me round the first course but I was chuffed to get round with just 4 faults for a pole, it was the second to last just so think I was thinking too much about the end and also it was a jump going downhill. For the second class he was much better, still a bit strong at times but again we knocked one pole on a downhill jump but got round other than that.

I was particularly pleased because there were some big colourful fillers and spreads and some tight doubles so I was half expecting him to have a refusal at some point but he didnt :wub:

Magic :wub: I'm don't blame him for not being able to resist that grass looks lovely, it would be like me next to a chocolate shop, just wouldn't be able to help myself :laugh:

Poor Bumble, hope its just a small flare up and he is comfy again soon :flowers: Not sure about the colt, I would think he would be a risk from 2yr on but not sure :unsure:

Fab news the pony passed the vetting, exciting times :biggrin:

Good boy Milo :wub: Sorry I didn't make it, someone offered to turn Loki out, so I enjoyed a rather lazy Sunday morning.

Milo -Wonderful photos, he is lovely and neat infront.... I think he waants to jump higher though...:)

Bumble - Do you think the rain might have bought on some fresh grass shoots?

Loki - How are things...any improvement....

Aww Milo looking like a proper showjumper, such neat legs :wub:

No real change in Loki, Reikki lady came out last night and he seemed really happy to see her :wub: She felt its almost like a M.E type problem (having suffered from M.E myself I can relate to that) he just has no energy to do anything, everything aches. She felt he could be using all his energy to fight something like a low grade infection that has been present for a long time, he was very clear that he did not want to be ridden, which deep down I knew.

Still no results back from the vet, but if they come back all clear then I will ask him about a post viral tonic he mentioned before and I am mulling over whether to ask if we could put him on a course of antibiotics. Don't like the things but I kind of get the feeling its the right thing to do :wacko:

Milo :wub:

:GroupHug: Loki. Go with your gut instinct Clare and get him on anti biotics :flowers:

Bumbles ok , had a good look at him and hes damaged part of his hoof so hopefully thats all it is making him sore. Have threatened him as i've had a 15.2 mare offered to me so told Bumble shes having his stable if he dares get lammi ever again :dry: :laugh:

I know the seasons are mucked up a bit but we have ripening blackberries, leaves starting to come off the trees and the horses coats are beginning to thicken :ohmy: We're still in July!!!! Its still warm not that autumn chill but its crazy :wacko:

Fern :wub: might be a handful handling wise but i'm getting to attached to her :rolleyes: she calls when she sees me, likes to follow me around the field but can still be a nightmare. Get too close to backend and she'll give both back barrells but i'm beginning to :wub: her

Loki - Has he not had a course of anti-biotics already? It s got to be worth a try if not...just speaking for myself...last year I had a terrible chest infection ... had one lot of anti-Bs got better for a week then it hit again, worse than before, and I had to have a second stronger lot before it gave up......I think you have tried just about everything really....

Oooh Bumble you are going to have to be on your bestest behaviour now :laugh:

Last week there were a good few early mornings that felt autumnal, the car was covered in dew, I had to let it demist and it was chilly enough to put a jacket on, so perhaps its not as far away as we hope :unsure:

No he has never been on antibiotics as nothing has ever shown any indication that he has an infection :wacko: My vet is quite laid back so if I say I want him on them he is most likely to agree with me, we know each other quite well now :laugh: