UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Sorry to hear about Bentos, very sad :mecry:

I've been working Easta today and plan to ride tomorrow, bare back as I think it will be easier on my hips. She went really well today even with me waving scary taupaulin around!

Will keep everything crossed for Frant, Di. Box rest... ew... ok maybe Nupafeed would help worst case scenario, but hopefully it won't come to that.

15 days til Blonde one is back!! :biggrin:

Crazyspaniels :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Very sorry Benito was lost :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Glad Nemo is doing ok.

Hoping the end is in sight for your saddling troubles PW. As for Rolo, he sounds an almighty character :wub:

How many days again was that Sarah H? :wink: Have a great, and comfortable!, ride with Easta tomorrow.

Farrier was out today and for the first time ever I have come across Seedy Toe. Duke has it on one of his hind feet but luckily it has ran out and so won't be festering away inside any further. I love my farrier, he is like an open book when it comes to horses feet. I have some very nice smelling lotion to use, bit like olbas oil! Only issue with them being out all the time is that they have no hard standing where they can be on dry ground, except for the field shelter area. I'd love in my ideal yard to have a large concrete area by the main gate. Plan is to just stand him in the stable for an hour every week or two to let the potion do its stuff. His ears are ok now though!

They are now in the whole of the winter field which is fabulous and they have so much grass they seem to keep asking me if they should really be in there :wub:. Not that that stops them from leaning over the fence to get to the grass the other side :rolleyes: Great at the moment as it means all the droppings are by the middle gateway as they slowly creep further and further down each day. Drawback is though that it's a right job to muck out every day once they've settled in there, blinking good exercise mind. I yearn for one of those little vacuum machines! How does everyone else manage?

Edited by reds

Have some very sad news I am afraid.

My beloved old Nemo got himself in a bit of a pickle this morning, and the kindest way out of it for him was the hardest way out of it for me.

Think he may have had a fit, but he was found cast in a ditch - fortunately he had not been there long and I was already on my way up when I got the phone call.

I knew as soon as I looked at him that my Nemo had gone - the Nemo that was lying there was very calm and ready to go - he had given up. He was still stuffing his face with hay, mind you!

There were 3 vets there (YO's husband, daughter and my vet) and they all reassured me that I was doing the right thing.

But it hurts. :mecry:

He was the most glorious, arrogant horse he loved to strut his stuff and how he and I worked as a partnership, I will never know - but it did.

Run free my beautiful arab stallion (I know he wasn't, but he liked to think he was ) :biggrin:

You have left a gap that will never, ever be filled - you were truly unique.