UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

:laugh: Oh how cute is she!!!! That's lovely they found the time to send you a picture.

I'm having a dilemma, I want Kane to do some dressage but I don't want to do it!!! :laugh: Does he have to get 'dressed up' for it?? Do they like traditional cobs to have the manes plaited? And I guess a treeless saddle is out of the question!!?? :laugh: My mate has said she'll take him to a show over the summer while she's here, but I'm not sure about the whole spending hours tarting him up bit!! :laugh:

Hmmm to be honest I am not sure about treeless, I wouldn't think there would be a problem at unaffiliated dressage.

Certainly no rules saying you have to plait :biggrin: The natural cobs look lovely doing a test all flowing :wub:

So what other excuses can you come up with :laugh: Try it once I bet you get hooked (even the pre show tarting up is quite fun) :flowers:

Really wibbling over Sunday, I have a lesson tonight and will see how he goes, something has just not been right with him, nothing obvious just a feeling I have, but then I may be paranoid :rolleyes: Then my car died on Tuesday, cam belt snapped :blush02: So in the evening I have been trying to search forcourts for cars and trying to get him worked. Now OH is paranoid that the 4x4 is not right. I have emailed a horsebox hire company to see if there 2 horse lorry is available, dount it at this short notice. I do wonder if I am being told not to go but I do want to!

:laugh: Oh how cute is she!!!! That's lovely they found the time to send you a picture.

I'm having a dilemma, I want Kane to do some dressage but I don't want to do it!!! :laugh: Does he have to get 'dressed up' for it?? Do they like traditional cobs to have the manes plaited? And I guess a treeless saddle is out of the question!!?? :laugh: My mate has said she'll take him to a show over the summer while she's here, but I'm not sure about the whole spending hours tarting him up bit!! :laugh:

Locally we have a shire who does dressage complete with flowing mane and feathers.

If his mane gets in the way of the riders hands then what is now called an arab plait would solve it, personally I would let him blow in the wind in all his natural gorgeousness! :) Can't see that a treeless would be a problem at unafilliated, WTG Kane!

No problems with a treeless at all at unafilliated level, there are a few that ride with them round me at competitions. And no, you don't have to plait, whatever sort of horse you have, there are often TB types not plaited round us, it is not a showing class, although his appearance will affect the impression the judge gets of him - and he looks so stunning in natural state that that will be no problem for him!!!

Hmmm to be honest I am not sure about treeless, I wouldn't think there would be a problem at unaffiliated dressage.

That was one of the things we asked when I trialled the treeless - they are fine!

Sorry to hear about the car Clare - I am paranoid about cam belts -had one go a few years ago _ I was gutted as it wrote the car off. Hope the lesson goes well tonight - don't forget to PM me your time - I will try to support if I can!!

Esther is absolutely gorgeous - how cute is that rug!

Picture the scene in my house last night - sat in front of telly, watching Torchwood - sitting astride the Barefoot on the saddle stand!! :laugh: I just figure that If I can get the hang of sitting on my seat bones properly on somethign that isn'#t moving, I stand more chance with doing it when I am mounted! :laugh:

I now want a saddle stand on stilts so I can get the leg position right too!

I don't suppose there is a lovely Horsey Fugee who would like a very nice PRE mare is there? :unsure:

Been very badly let down by loan person and am stressed beyond belief.

Cueva is 15hh inscriped and revised with BAPSH and ANCCE (i.e. she is fully registered and approved for breeding).She is a PRE (Pura Raza Espanola) and rising 7, broken to ride and bred one big colt foal.

Brave, kind mare and very, very Spanish, would do affiliated dressage (according to trainer) and likes to jump too.

Am desprit!!

I don't suppose there is a lovely Horsey Fugee who would like a very nice PRE mare is there? :unsure:

Been very badly let down by loan person and am stressed beyond belief.

Cueva is 15hh inscriped and revised with BAPSH and ANCCE (i.e. she is fully registered and approved for breeding).She is a PRE (Pura Raza Espanola) and rising 7, broken to ride and bred one big colt foal.

Brave, kind mare and very, very Spanish, would do affiliated dressage (according to trainer) and likes to jump too.

Am desprit!!

Can you email me some pics, I've got a friend who is looking and to be honest if I'd not had Easta back then I'd have snapped your arm off.

Would you be ok with her coming to Derby?

Boss filmed me riding Hertha yesterday. She is gonna try make all 4 years of video of me and their horses into a video or DVD for me as a goodbye present. But she is not exactly technically minded, so I am not holding my breath :rolleyes: I can't wait to see it though! She has video of me on horses they don't even have anymore (remember Knud, the HUGE chestnut gelding I rode for a year, but had to be pts as he caught white line disease for the second time? :wub: looking forward to seeing him again).

Can you email me some pics, I've got a friend who is looking and to be honest if I'd not had Easta back then I'd have snapped your arm off.

Would you be ok with her coming to Derby?

Will email some piccies and Derby is absolutely fine! Not so very far away - I am just going to email woman who originally wanted her one last time and then we can take it from there....

Cuev would be PERFECT young rider's horse, absolutely perfect.

A DVD would be a lovely gift Anne, hope your boss can overcome any technical difficulties and make it for you :flowers:

Sorry to hear things have gone pearshaped with your loaner Mist :flowers:

Well I am all go for dressage on Sunday {wibble wibble wibble}, I found a new car today, so that frees up tomorrow to get myself sorted, not the ideal preparation but it is more about getting out and doing it than anything else :crying_anim02:

How did Apple and Blue get on last weekend?

I cantered out on a hack this morning :biggrin: something I haven't done in over 20 years. I have been gaining more and more confidence out of the school and Feniks just really looks after me all the time. Lorna one of the people I hace with asked if I fancied a canter, and as we knew the neither Ellie or Eddie would do we asked them to trot on ahead. Feniks seemed to get a little agitated that they were "leaving" us but as soon as he realised that Bonny was still beside him he was fine. Trotted for a couple of strides and then asked for the canter, didn't need to ask twice :laugh: Only cantered about four or five strides and asked for trot which he did straight away.

It may have only been a short one, but at least I know I can do it and bring him back to trot fairly easily.

I love my big horse :wub:

I have been playin with a nice 16.2 havovarian mare and a very lovely 14.2 coloured cob, i am liking muchly :wub:

Ooh sounds great :biggrin:

Feniks :wub: I remember my first canter with Loki, I walked around on a high for days :biggrin: What a star your boy is :flowers:

We ventured out to dressage today, it was a big thing for us as it was a venue I had never been to before, and involved a 45 minute journey in the trailer, by far the furthest we have gone in the trailer.

Had a lovely day and Loki was such a good boy, there was a lot going on and all the horseboxes and trailers were cramped together but once we found a nice patch of grass he relaxed and got on with the serious business of grazing.

I didn't feel my test went great, the arena had boards here and there but not a consistant boundary so you had the sand of the arena and then grass outside, our test was very wobbly :laugh: there was also lots of things more interesting outside the arena than in it :rolleyes: The further we went the more I relaxed and he started to listen to me :wub:

Looking back at the video I wasn't too happy with my riding, but I was really chuffed with Loki :biggrin:

We came home with another rossette for third with 73.4%, and qualified for their champs in April :biggrin:

So as is tradition here is the damming evidence Video Clip

And a few pics from warm up

DSCN1275.JPG

I am going to cut off my right arm to stop it fixing :rolleyes:

DSCN1274.JPG