UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well done Kane and Rolo :wub:

This weekend was my first without Dexter. I dreamt about him on Saturday night. I took lots of piccies of him on my last weekend so will post some when they are sorted and a suitable size. OH videoed me in the school too but I havent watched it yet.

That is absolutely fantastic Jacky!!! I am so chuffed for you - what a massive achievement!!

I think about you and Kane often when Rolo and I are havign a little blip - you are my inspiration - althoug it will be a long time before I hack out on my own!

Glad your weekend went well too Clare.

Bit of a bittersweet weekend for you Boobysmum, I expect - but the right pony for you is out there somewhere - it is just a question of timing.

Saddler is out on Wednesday - mixture of hope, dread, nerves and excitement!!

:mecry: with laughter at that :D

:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry you are missing Dexter :GroupHug: The right horse / situation is out there somewhere :flowers:

Fingers crossed for Wednesday Bradders :biggrin:

Some very worrying rumours going around that our yard is closing :mecry: I really don't want to move, Loki is so settled and there are no nice yards around here, a bit worried what is going to happen :unsure: I have a lesson on Thursday evening so will ask her straight but have a horrible feeling that the rumours are true :(

Hi all, just popped in for a quick visit, glad everyone is ok. That's hard luck Clare, hope it's just a rumour. There will be a horse out there for you Bobbysmum and I hope he/she shows his face soon.

Have posted a pic of my stapled knee in body parts, don't look if easily upset! :laugh: Will be back on in a day or two, I can't sit for long, see you later. :wavey:

Bradders, how did it go with the saddler?

Clare hope the rumours arent true. What a blow esp when you are both settled. Saw a 3 bed bungalow for sale with a couple of acres of land and 2 stables. Only £575K!

My friend is getting desperate to move hers out as she is sharing with a bossy domineering woman who is making her life a misery but there is very little around here at the moment and she has 3 to find places for. She has moved one out but its difficult having them in different places.

I had got myself a bit nervous about it all to be honest - especially as his lordhsip lost the plot when I was mucking out around him last night - I do it on a reguilar basis and he is always as good as gold, but I forgot to get a broom last night so was scraping the metal fork along the floor to pick up the loose bits - it really upset him - he literally jumped to the back of his stable :rolleyes: . He was fine once I had given him a pat etc, but I took the fork out after that - he is full of suprises!

But, he was an absolute sain ttoday. He normally gets turned out between 9 and 9:30 - saddler was coming at 11 so he was kept in. So, he watched all his mates go out, and saddler was runnign late, so he did not step out of his stable til about 11:30 - not a murmur form him (this is the pony that could not have a stable door when we went to try him cos he kicked it so badly!)

Anyway, she brought a selection of treeless saddles - but had a look at his treed one on him first - not too happy with the fit, but conceded that fitting him with a treed saddle would be difficult - I was utterly horrifed by what she pointed out next - he has 2 dips either side of his spine - where the back end of the panels has been. :( He also has a sore spot under the pommel area. And he has hardly been ridden in it - I feel so bad. That damn saddle - it is being tidied up and put up for sale asap!

I had fancied a Heather Moffett Fhoenix (bloomin expensive, but nice saddle), but when I saw it, I was not sure about it, she the produced the Barefoot Cheyenne Barefoot - Mimi rode him in it first, just incase he had a bad reaction to it, but he was great - I then rode (like a numpty!), and it felt really comfy - even if I was walking like John Wayne afterwards!

So, I am trialling a Cheyenne until Monday - my friend thinks I should go for the Cherokee as it has knee rolls (Cheyenne does not), but she does not have a trial Cherokee.

What do you reckon Jacky - do you have knee rolls - I can't imagine cantering in cross country position without knee rolls! Mind you I can't imagine cantering at the mo!! :laugh: :rolleyes:

So, all in all a successful day - I am totally gutted about the treed saddle - it was probably one of the most expensive mistakes I have made and it has shattered my faith in professional people, but fingers crossed that I get on with the Barefoot!

Missive over!! :laugh:

Any news about the yard Clare - I keep telling you to move and bring Loki to us!

Glad everything went well :flowers: fingers crossed you have solved your saddle problems :)

I have never ridden in or even seen a treeless so can't really comment, see what you feel when riding a bit more in it, I guess it is like most things, you will adapt :biggrin: At least if you decided you do want knee rolls you will know that he is happy in a treeless and buying a Cherokee untrialed wouldn't be such a huge step.

No news on the the yard, the man who delivered the hay on Monday asked us about it too, so looks like something is going on :( I have a lesson tonight, so will have the chance to ask her outright.

Well I'm really glad you've had a positive reaction to the treeless, quiet frankly I think you'd be really struggling if you didn't!!! Sounds like he's a nightmare to fit! Horrible that the other saddle has caused so many problems, it's so frustrating you can't trust people to do the job they are paid for.

Okay my treeless doesn't have knee rolls but I have absolutely no problem cantering in it. I do struggle jumping which is why I have a treed, and if I ever do get round to hunting I think I'll use the tree'd one. My friend Liz does hunt in her treeless..but she rides an Icelandic that doesn't really jump anyway.

This is the only picture I can find (excuse the grumpy face....he's always grumpy!!! :laugh: ) but it shows the shape of mine. I must admit they look a bit of a state but in my experience it's all good!! Kane goes lovely in his. You may find you get some leg pain while you adjust to the position, I had problems with my knees for ages but now I'm absolutely fine. The other issue I have, and I imagine you'll have the same cos Rolo is barrel shaped too, is the girth!! I find it vertially impossible to tighten it once on him, Liz can hang off the side of her Icey and do her's but I have to either get off and do it or ask someone on the ground to tighten it. And after having a little spill into the sea after a canter once I'm major paranoid about it now!!! :laugh: :laugh:

3c947952.jpg