UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Had a fantastic time on the jumping clinic on Saturday, he was such a good boy, he even did flying changes when he landed on the wrong leg :wub: Totally of his own accord of course, I wouldn't have a clue how to ask him :laugh:

Yard hunting is not going well, I looked at one yesterday lady was lovely, hacking brilliant, but stable was small, probably just about adequate but they are still on winter restricted grazing which would mean he would go out overy other day, and not happy about him being stabled in that stable more than just for the night.

I am probably being over sensitive but just came away feeling uneasy about taking him there. But it did make me realise that a yard I looked at about a year ago was a better prospect, so called her and there are no spaces :mecry: :mecry:

So I can't say no to the first yard as I have nowhere else to take him, but have to give her an anwser in the next couple of days and really don't want to commit to it, but if I don't I will lose the space and have nowhere :(

I would go for it, if you take it you can still look round for something else more suitable, at least he won't be homeless! Wanda has been muttering about bunk beds if he gets stuck. I went to see her yesterday, she was having a hooley on the lunge, I think the wind was up her bum! :laugh:

I mentioned to my physio that the works doc had said I could ride and she nearly had a heart attack, she said no way should I even think about it. I drove the car yesterday and am in a lot of pain today so I think I'll have to rein myself in for a while! It's frustrating though!

I am probably being over sensitive but just came away feeling uneasy about taking him there.

:GroupHug: I am a great believer in gut instinct - that does nto help you at all tho does it?

How many vacancies does this yard have? How urgently do you need to give her an answer? I would pull out all the stops over the next couple of days - notices in tack shops, feed merchants etc etc, drive around and knock on doors - that is how we got our last livery - they just turned up at the back gate, our local tack shop also recommends the yard if asked, so you could try asking the assistants at shops etc - if nothing else comes up then I guess that anywhere is better than nowhere. How much of a deposit do they want and how much notice would you need to give?

I just feel so sorry for you :GroupHug:

Glad that Wanda is feeling well - not such great about you tho!! :)

:GroupHug: Sorry the riding is still on hold, Pendlewitch...although after seeing your piccy's I do think you are being a tad over eager!! :laugh:

Clare that's awful. It's terrible they've dropped you in it like this, I certainly wouldn't be happy about him only going out every other day but if it's your only option you have to take it. :GroupHug:

I had the best weekend. I'm falling more and more in love with Kane everyday!! :laugh:

Went hacking both days, and he was a true star! On saturday he went passed the 'scarey' Farm (scarey farm has donkeys and goats so they freak our lot out!!) with no problems at all (apart from having Danny so far up his bum we though he was going to disappear!! :laugh: ) and then had a lovely mad run up the track.

Then on sunday we went on a lovely long hack round the lake and came across the local driving club with 5 horse and traps!! :ohmy: And guess who didn't have to get off their horse??? :biggrin: :biggrin: Even Lynn had to hold Minty back and got off because she was sideways dancing...but my boy just stood and watched them. One driver asked if Kane was driven and if not why not!! He said he was a 'stunning horse'....first time anyone other than me has said that so I was a proud mum!! :biggrin:

He's huge!!!! :wub: Lovely looking lad! :wub:

My boy has taken a tumble!! :( Paul didn't ring me to tell me, but when I went up yesterday he said he thought I should know...apparently it was quiet funny and he doesn't appear to be hurt at all. I took him on the flat and trotted him and he looks sound!

Paul said Kane and Fred were playing, and they had a mad gallop and Kane slipped on the mud...he said it was quiet impressive because Little Fred jumped Kane's body!!!! :laugh: :laugh: But Indy was the one that went over to him and made sure he was okay. :wub: Will check him out today but hopefully he's okay.

Poor Kane, he would be dreadfully embarassed! I hope he's ok!

Louisebt , that's a good looking horse! :wub:

I've just been up to see Wanda, she's fine and ignored me, her haylage was far more important! :laugh: I mucked out 4 forkfuls from Obe's stable, the smell of horse poo was lovely! I've also brought two mucky bridles home to clean, they smell fantastic as well. I went and stroked a few saddles in the tack room and generally had a poke round at Wanda's stuff, OH thinks I'm crazy but I don't care! :biggrin:

Just looking at horse quotes (thinking of having a tattoo with a horse and some written words) and found this one...

'When you're young and you fall off a horse, you may break something. When you're my age and you fall off, you splatter. ~ Roy Rogers'

It really made me giggle!!! :laugh: :laugh: What do you think, should I have that or my all time favourite :

'A horse gallops with its lungs, perseveres with its heart, and wins with its character. ~ Tessio'

Edited by JACKYSIAN