UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vena's Diary Of A New Life

elricc

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thought I would update you to say that I can now wag my tail, the people here cried when I did it, not just a tentative little wiggle like I've done before, but a full on swish.

I have only really started in the last week and I do it to the woman, but I can do it and look happy when she comes in or has treats.

My teeth are well and I am eating with more ease, my weight has gone up to 27 kg but I still don't have a lot of hair on my kneck of belly, just fine whispy stuff.

I lay stretched out on the bed now and am happy to have my ears and face stroked and smoothed. Yeterday I had the longest cuddle session yet like this, I let the woman lok at my teeth properly for the first time and she cried and called the man.

What she had seen was the file marks on my canines, where they were all filed after being cut short.

My poor vena definately has had her canines cut/clipped and then very roughly filed. In Spain young galgos are sold as dogfighting bait, they clip there teeth so they can't fight back and often tie there legs etc. I can't think of any reason for them to cut her teeth overwise. How our wonderful girl escaped I don't know. All the scars on her body I thought were hunting scars :mecry:

I've just read this all the way through for the 1st time.....WOW what a story. I've been blubbering like a baby.

It makes me realise how special some people and dogs are.

Laura, thank you for saving this gorgeous girl, Vena has true spirit and strenght to come through her ordeal of her early life. She is wonderful :wub: