UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vena's Diary Of A New Life

elricc

Forgot to say that Vena is now known as "Father Jack" because in Father Ted, one of the ways you get Jack to sleep is to put a cardboard box, painted black with stars and moon on it, over his head, he would then go straight to sleep. You can do the same to Vena with a blanket, just put one over her and she goes instantly into a deep sleep, she is snoring within minutes.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello all

It has been very sad here recently, I have lost one of my bestest friends who helped me cope with life and taught me that it was OK to be a dog, and showed me how to love people.

So to cheer you up, as I know a lot of you will miss her as well, I thought I would tell you some of the things that I have been doing and how I am coming on.

Well, I know weigh 29kg which is just about right for a girl of my size, mum (notice I say mum now) says that she wouldn't mind if I was a bit of a porker as I do like my food. I take food from mum and dads hand now, I like blue cheese in a baguette ( I am not spoiled at all)

I drink out of the same buckets as the other dogs now, not out of the especially filled one in the bathroom which I drank out of when no one was about, or the tiny bowl which had milk and water in.

I still love going out and they even say that it is looking more hopeful that one day I may be able to go of the lead and have a serious run. When I am out and people are about I don't lunge and scream and bark anymore, I just stand there and look, I don't let them touch me though, but to be honest not many people have wanted to, only the special people recognise my beauty, mum and dad say.

I have a toy as well, its all my own and I love it, its a little winnie the pooh and when its quiet I throw it about and play with it and then sit quietly with it between my paws. I haven't really wanted any other toys except when I collect the dirty washiing and put it in my bed.

I am not scurfy at all anymore and I am nearly ready to have a bath with nice smellies in it.

When people come into the house I don't run upstairs and hide, I like to go and sit on my bed next to the sofa and I just look at them, I don't mind if they sit on the sofa either. I don't like them to touch me though.

I like little people, they don't worry me as long as they don't touch me.

My dad calls me his girl, he lays on the floor next to me and strokes me, and I pretend not to notice but when he stops I nudge his hand cause I like it so much , sometimes I still have an off day when I run out of the room when he comes in, but they are rare, when strange people are about I even cuddle up to him on the sofa as I know he will protect me. I am extremely good at blackmailing him to share his food with me.

My bum is still bald though.

Vena xx

Aw Vena I have been hoping to hear from you for a while but knew you would be busy looking after mum and dad whilst poor Salada wasn't well :GroupHug:

Haven't you made huge progress, you can be very proud of yourself sweetheart :flowers:

I think you are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside :wub: You are a very special girl :GroupHug:

Marion

I was thinking the same as Alex - you could call it 'Vena's Voyage'.

Because it is a voyage of discovery for Vena, discovering love and all that it means to be loved.

I always well up when reading about Vena but reading this I got a sort of sob caught in my throat when I read about her cuddling up with Daddy on the sofa as she knows he wil protect her.

Keep the diary coming Vena.

You are doing so well, the world is your oyster.

So lovely to hear from Vena again - I'm crying now cos I'm soft :mecry: It's so lovely to know that she likes her Daddy to stroke her now :GroupHug:

same from me, yes Im leaking from my eyes :GroupHug:

and not many people have wanted to stroke you Vena..are they MAD? You as was your best friend (the angel at the Bridge.. Salada) are one of the most beautiful girls I have EVER seen :GroupHug: I would love to stroke and cuddle you, and especially shower your lovely nose with kisses.. so glad you are happy now, you have the most wonderful family :GroupHug:

please keep writing to us, I love to hear about you.

Edited by greytgirl

• 7 months later...

Hello

Hello

I have been having such a good time that I haven't been able to keep this diary up, I am out and about, happy and waggy.

Still not happy about being touched , but hey we can't like everything.

I know that all of you have loved reading all about me and how I became the happy go lucky girl that I am, no more skin and bone, but nicely padded with clean teeth and a sparkle in my eye, covered in clothing to die with a selection of collars to choose from as the mood takes me.

The sad thing is that many galgos can't live like this, not yet anyway, soo I was contacted by the famous entrepeneur Roaree to help those become more like me, the elegant dog about town I have become.

First steps though are to get them some weight on and rid of all the nasties that I once had.

So we are selling fridge magnets, so you can all gaze of my loveliness

Take it away Roaree!!!!!!!

Edited by elricc