Vena's Diary Of A New Life

elricc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vena has made two discoveries today.

1. You can drink when you want (no one will get you or hit you), not when the slaves desperately try to get you to drink out of the little silver bowl that they wave pleadingly in front of you, even when the man says "if she is thirsty she will drink" and when the woman isn't looking still waves the little silver bowl about. No more Osmo dog :biggrin: . The only problem being that the other dogs like the little silver bowl and wait to drink out of it.

2. You can get on the bed and roll about in the duvet.

We still can't eat in front of her, she becomes totally distressed. We do wonder if in desperation she tried to snatch food and got a very big beating.

How deep her worries go :( Sounds like she's bravely dealing with them with amazing speed thanks to the love and patience of you & yours :wub: :flowers:

This has to be the most amazing, heartwarming, emotional(the full gamut), wonderful thread ever :wub:

Gentle cuddles Vena - your spirit is unbelievable :wub:

How deep her worries go :( Sounds like she's bravely dealing with them with amazing speed thanks to the love and patience of you & yours :wub: :flowers:

This has to be the most amazing, heartwarming, emotional(the full gamut), wonderful thread ever :wub:

Gentle cuddles Vena - your spirit is unbelievable :wub:

Totally!!! I love you Vena :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All,

I may have to stop posting as I have had to frequent the garden a bit over the past few days as I have eaten rather a lot and am passing a lot of wind.

What can I say...................... except this is life as it should be lived, warm , lots of food, cuddles , walk when I want them. I am excellent at scaring off anyone that knocks on the door, I bay and howl, (but when the door opens I run away if its not my people) I still love my bed in the bedroom the best, duvets, blankets and pillows, I like to purloin a piece of clothing and take it to cuddle especially socks.

I am still spooky I don't think that will ever go, but, I don't spook as much, when people are busy I sit in one of the dog beds or on the settees and am happy to stay there. I eat fine and am drinking better though still not enough ( really I like my milk and water, so ensure that I still get that every day) . I still like to have a play in the middle of the night when the moon is shining, I run up and down the garden at about 3:30, and watch them get cold standing in the doorway.

I have had a lovely time over the festivities, I have become an excellent barger of dogs and legs, to make sure that I get the Turkey and Ham, the people also say that I can teleport as I appear all around the room getting extra handouts. I have eaten so much, especially the little cocktail sausages, I have been munching them by the bagfull. I can take food off of the man now with no problems.

I have all my hair back now and my coat is much softer, I am stil a bit skinny, but I think thats just my super model physique, I eat like a horse and the vet says I am OK. My skin is now not black with yellow greasy flakes, its a lovely peachy pink and all glowing and healthy.

I am going to have my teeth done in January as they are a bit of a state, I am now brave enough to go.

The people have a new camera and when they have worked out how to use it I will ne bombarding you with pictures of me.

awww Vena :wub: It's wonderful to hear you had a good time over Christmas and felt secure enough to get stuck in with the food.

Also wonderful that you are not afraid of the 'man' anymore.

This is my fav thread of all time.

Such a long road this girl has travelled, pitted with holes, high hills and low valleys, fear dogging every step then out of the darkness of fear into the light of love in Laura's care and the road now stretches out in the sunlight - no shadows, no fear and no more lonliness.

She really is my very special girl, I couldn't imagine life without her, every day we see a new little facet of her character appear, its like she is chipping away at the big wall built around her a flake at a time. I feel very very priviledged to be helping her on her way. To see her little face comin to the front door when I get in from work makes me float in lol. Some people just don't know what they missed when they let her go.

:wub: Vena, I was only thinking of you earlier!

Like Kathy-hooman sez, this is one of my favorite threads too, and Im glad to see youve given us a little update :)

Dont worry too much about the wind. When you do a fart, just walk away quickly so one of the other dogs gets blamed. I laughed at the image of you Teleporting to where-ever the food is, and at you running in the garden at 3.30am watching your people getting cold in the doorway, thats very good Vena, keep it up :wink:

Im so happy that you have learned to trust enough to take food from the man, and that you now have a hairy bum :biggrin: What a fantastic day it was for you when your new Family came into your life, and made life worth living for you :wub: They are very special people and you are a very special Lady-dog, so you are well matched!! George would like to see recent photos of you, he fancies you a bit, and cant wait to see that elegant long nose again :wub:

Thankyou for the update Laura :flowers:

She really is my very special girl, I couldn't imagine life without her, every day we see a new little facet of her character appear, its like she is chipping away at the big wall built around her a flake at a time. I feel very very priviledged to be helping her on her way. To see her little face comin to the front door when I get in from work makes me float in lol. Some people just don't know what they missed when they let her go.

That is exactly how I feel about my Cheeky Timmy. Even nearly two years on and he is still doing little 'new' things which are lovely to see and he still gets cheekier every day. I know Vena will be the same. :wub:

It's my thread of the year too :wub: