UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Random Pet Names

Laura_E

I know this is a pointless post, but I have just heard my neighbour calling his cat in for the night and it always makes me laugh when I hear his name- Jim!

My poor cat Bobby had a narrow escape from being called Alan, after Alan Shearer, but luckily Bobby Robson was the Newcastle manager at the time so I was able to negotiate. rolleyes.gif

I also met a lady recently who had a cat called Graham, and there's a dog over our local park called Dave!

I don't know why, but it always makes me chuckle whenever I hear an animal with a non-cutesy human name.

Please add your own random pet names here.................

we have a dog in Sri Lanka called Colin :laugh:

we have a lot of Jims and Jimmys although a lot of them are girls , we also have a lot of Buntys and they are mainly boys !

my current favoutie is Podi Nangi which means little sister , the families other dog is called Locu Nangi which means big sister ( can you see a theme there ) they also have a cat which is called Kitty as about 50 % of the cats are

Nearly all of my animals have proper human names. Mrs Pants is probably the exception :laugh: We even name the cockerels that we fatten up for dinner, next on my hitlist is a very nice Speckled Sussex boy called Steve :biggrin: Our new chicks are Angelina, Percy, Edward but number four needs a name.

My mum uses footballers names for her cats. She used to have one called Peter Beardsley MBE, more commonly known as B but if he was naughty he was Peter Beardsley MBE :biglaugh: Sadly the feline version died a couple of years ago from a brain tumour. Her Rio Ferdinand died from diabetes. She's still got Kevin Keegan but he's ancient.

A foster dog arrived to us with the pound name of Carlos. There was no way I was calling him that. I asked Andy, who was about 2 and a half at the time, what was the dogs name. He said Bob the Builder.

So Carlos became Bob and we became failed fosterers :biggrin:

She used to have one called Peter Beardsley MBE, more commonly known as B but if he was naughty he was Peter Beardsley MBE biglaugh.gif

I love the fact that she even went to the effort of adding MBE on the end. laugh.gif Not many pets are given such prestigious status!

Colin and Nigel are classics too!

I'm such a sucker for giving my pets typical cute names. I've got Molly (the cat), Bobby (although, as mentioned before, that was only by way of negotiation!), Jasper (the feral cat that I feed) and George (the other feral cat that I feed). Tess (the dog) was already named when I got her, but I think it's quite a cute name.

I did have a goldfish called Brian when I was younger though!

I've had cats called Jennifer, Celie, Esme and Jimmy. My brother had a dog called Dave, another brother has one called Wilf. My sister's cat was called Neil.

Dogs - well I currently have George and Archie who also have middle names. George's is Alexander and Archie's is Francis.

My lovely old great uncle Lou had a golden Lab who was called Margot and as uncle Lou was very posh you can imagine how he pronounced it.

My friend had a dog called Ray Charles named after the singer and he always got his full name.

In my teens I had a dog called Bret Maverick, my next was Sweep, then I had a Samantha, Dixie Dean, Tommy Lawton and Joe Royle, all ex Everton players, hubby was an Evertonian but I refused to call Merlin Wayne Rooney. Gracie was nearly Doris, Bonnie nearly Polly and there is Tilly Mint.

Ellie picked her own name, she was called Stella when with RDR, after I had her for 3 months she stopped answering to the name Stella, she just turned her back on me when I called her, before she would always come. Completely flumexed, I called her Ella, she seems to like this a bit better but still wasn't happy. One day I went to call both Ella and Tilly, it came out as Ellie, she raced towards me and jumped and cuddled and licked as only Staffies can so she became Ellie and is realy happy with it.

Rosie Buttons was nicknamed Buttons by the staff at kennels which we thought was yak.. on way to vets we said Rosie after first dog we rescued and put Rosie and Buttons together which started the Buttons Clan...

Badger was called that when he came to us, so was Badger Buttons, abbreviated to Badge

Maddoch was a foster pup, and I called his this Champion Winner in welsh, he was first season abbreviated to Mad dog.

Lottie lancashire heeler, we won money on lottery and bought her, hence name, abbreviated to Snots, Lots, in her younger day it was Lottie houndini as she always tried to escape... now ripe old lady and loves comfort.

Verity the Kitten aged 4 months, annoying nicknamed Graham for some daft reason by hubby..

Marmite - cos her colour reminds me of marmite lol

Poppy - turned to Harold when we realised her was a male tom, sadly he then became Devil Cat as he was so norty and ditched all names to be called Smits to this day..

Samantha and James Cat - my god children named them when they were kittens 23 years ago.

Pudsey - Collie - when we got him from the farm, he looked like a giant teddy bear

Caffery - Collie - When we got him we went to the pub and said what should we call him, and owner said your fav drink!! glad it wasnt tomato juice..

Fliss - Full name is Felcity Buttons or abbreviated to Flowerpot, dont ask!

Fern - Fern Buttons lol raised many a laff..

MilleEnium - Millie abbr to silly millie, born in 2000

Fezzi - Rabbit named after Fezziweg in Dickens story Oliver

Charlotte - hamster lol...

lol think we are puddled :wacko:

well i have my 3 cats

rascal - aka prissy bit**..nothing nasty against her but she is very prissy

fraggle - lil goth girl..loves the dark

dexter - full name dexter fonzerella dudemeister..such a dude.

and kimi the dog, full name kimiko, named after my fellas char in a computer game

and skeet the african landsnail