UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can You Guess What It Is Yet

Laurel n Hardy

when my younger brother was quite small not

only did he used to get his words mixed, but quite

often totaly mispronounce things too :biggrin:

Can you guess what he wanted

and please add your own in the same style.

Bambi Dickdock is actually

Dandelion & Burdock

:laugh:

I know there were others too, they will come back to me I'm sure

as this thread grows.

I wanted a hitodonomus when I was wee (hippopotomus), and if there wasn't enough room, I'd ask people to mooz ober (move over).

#1 son told me the friend staying for a sleep over had the turn overs (it was Passover and he was Jewish)

when my kids were little we had to walk into the village to catch the bus. As we lived on a farm we used to take the short cut over the "bullups" field. (bullocks).

My daughter also had soldiers instead of shoulders.

One of the funniest that i can remember was when my youngest daughter was about 6 and adored her teacher who was very particular about how people spoke. My older son said a sentence and ended with ainit. My daughter was horrified and said "speak properly,its not ainit ,its aint it !!" it sounds better if you say it out loud !! :laugh:

My youngest son came home from school and said that he had been learning about cod. He asked where cod lived and I explained about the sea etc but he said "no,cod has wings". I explained that they weren't wings they were called fins and it helped the fish to swim. He then said "no,not a fish,cod who lives with Jesus". :rolleyes: :laugh:

I wish that I had written them down because with 5 kids i have heard some hysterical things over the years. x

I've told Mam that I will supply her with a dictionary of Andy speak.

Some that spring to mind are:

If he asks for Sigh Unchies for breakfast, he means Malt Crunchies. He might also ask for Fron Flakes which are of course Corn Flakes.

A bidanana is obviously a banana.

He does not really want a tree for dinner, he wants brocolli.

Oh and if he wants to watch the bold children on TV, he means Supernanny :laugh:

And finally, Bruno's really name is Brodan (say with a French accent) which Bruno answers to :biggrin:

Ellie used to say Doingy Babber, she meant drawing paper...

I am always surprised how many people say "pacific" when they mean specific :laugh: #

My ex's Dad used to come out with some beauties, i remember him going on about his wife's dysterectomy (hysterectomy), then there was the gatoooox (gateau/x) :laugh:

Mark says pacific, he also says ja-lapeenos instead of correctly pronnouncing ha-la-paynios

My sister Kirstie when a lot younger humiliated my Mum at a Christmas play by singing at the top of her voice "Away in a manger, no crisps or no bread" followed by instead of "sing hosanna", "Who's a W**ker".

Desert Orchid (kirsties favourite horse) was Desi Turkey, biscuits were bisquicks or bissicks.

Chocolate buttons were choccy butt butts, and then there were jam swamwiches

Abi dabby dat was one of Ellis's. We have never figured out what she was saying but it meant something to do with sleeves. :wacko: [she used to say it if her sleeves were runkled up]

Oldmerry is my favourite of Sams, it means ordinary. The other day i asked him if he wanted brown bread or oldmerry [white] bread. He told me off for being stupid :rolleyes:

my hubby always says he discolated his shoulder instead of dislocated and my eldest daughter (who is dyslexic) comes out with some crackers.

When we were looking at a menu in a restaurant she said "oooo curried duck,I love that" it was actually canned drinks. She told my mum that a baby in hospital has syphillus when he had sickle cell. She often says that people are two bricks short of a picnic ! :rolleyes: She told me once that she was having a praying mantis pie for her dinner :unsure: you know......Fray Bentos ! :laugh: she just keeps them coming........and she is 41 this year !!! :laugh: x