UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Swirly Merly Is At Peace At Last

ClazUK

merlin5.jpg

Merlin has gone :mecry:

So many lovely messages, they are so much appreciated.

Sam & Mark arrived about 3.30. Merlin was delighted to see the Squigg dogs and much stupidity and rooooing went on. At 6 Mark popped down the local chippy and we all had (and I mean all) veggie burgers and chips. And the dogs had lots of sausages. Sadly Merlin had a little snap at Gary and then later one at me - we think it was food related, but this was his problem, he was totally unpredictable.

He left us about 8.10. Martin, the vet, was fantastic. Merly didn't take kindly to the sedative and had a snap at both Mark and Martin before he got properly woozy, but he finally drifted off, enabling us to spend a peaceful five minutes with him as he finally passed.

We are all gutted, it was such a waste of a young life. A dog screwed up by mankind. I hope he finally finds peace and trust.

When I get the strength (and can write more than 10 words without reaching for the tissues) I will start a thread in Rainbow Bridge for him. Meantime, thank you to everyone for the kind words, be it by PM, text, on the phone, in person, or here on The Refuge. You've made me cry, but you've also made me feel like I wasn't alone on this awful day.

And thank you to Sam, Mark & Gary, who were there for him when he needed you. And for me when I needed you. Much love to you all xxxx

merlin6.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic