UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mooncups ( feminine hygiene product )

gooster

I know this is a very odd topic to be discussing and whilst some people find it hilariously funny , some others may find it more uncomfortable. Its not a subject that I normally talk about publicly but I felt mentioning the product was relevant in the P&G thread this morning

JUST to clarify, I didn't find it hil.... funny (I presume you were refering to my posts) in fact it is rather interesting! I was attempting to "lighten" the gravity of th topic (as it happens BEFORE the mods put the warning up!)

Pondering on starting Refuge pelvic floor exercise classes :unsure: I'll have you all pinging out those ping pong balls in no time :laugh: :laugh:

Does it also help / tone beer bellys? Sign me up :laugh:

Ooooh Jules you might know the answer to this. Do electronic pelvic floor exercisers work?

:ohmy: Of the vibratory kind? :biggrin:

Thats exactly what they're like Jules, only not fun :laugh: It's a small plastic and metal whatsername that sits up your flue and makes it twitch. I've got one and it really does make your pelvic muscles contract [you have different settings and work up to the highest over a period of months] but I was wondering if they actually do any good long term or of they only appear to be working at the time cos your fannys is throbbing :wacko: They're not painful but not exactly pleasant either [and you can't sit down properly while it's in] :mellow:

I started to use mine then got bored. If they work I really need to start it up again or face a lifetime of tena lady.

I just read on.....

IT IS of the vibratory kind!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Thats what I told my ex-Husband last time I saw him nekkid! :D

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :laugh:

I've been thinking about one (a Mooncup, not a chuff twitcher) might be brave and take the plunge now :unsure:

Emmmm plunge away baby :biggrin:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sniffers

I have used a mooncup for about a year, I personally think it is a LOT less vile than tampax, and now quite frankly the thought of sticking something absorbent up me chuff makes me want to heave. blerrrrrrrrrrrrg

Out and about i just rinse with clean water and then just chuck some boiling water over it tthe next time I am home.

I flood sometimes for the first day, and the mooncup has proven a LOT more reliable than tampons.

I used some ubleached cotton panty liners to start with as well just in case but I don't bother now, it's great.

Ok I have a question for those who use one, what happens when it gets full? When I have periods (and thanks to deppo I don't and haven't for some time, long may that continue) they are very heavy indeed and ummm clotty. With tampons if I flood and it overwhelms the capacity of the tampon then it leaks but the flow is not impeded. I would be very concerned with mention of this forming a vacuum seal that has to be pin pricked to release, that the flow would ummmm "back up" and can't see how that would be good for you.

I don't have one yet but I'd imagine that on your heavier days you would just remove it more often just as you would change pads or tampons more often :unsure: It also says on the website that it has the benefit of reducing heavy flow (and pain) - I don't know how long it takes for that to happen, I should imagine it's an individual thing.

Not much use am I :unsure: best wait for someone who has one :rolleyes:

If they get full they just leak. But they hold an awful lot, far more than tampons etc. I used to have very very heavy periods and would have to get up during the night to change, but I never had to change the Keeper over night.

My friend in USA (who told me about them in the first place) had fairly light periods, she only had to change hers twice a day, (when she got up and before she went to bed). I used to have to change it 4 or 5 times on heavy days, but that was still better than hourly tampons.

It had no effect on flow or pain for me though.

Edited by pboae

Ok I have a question for those who use one, what happens when it gets full? When I have periods (and thanks to deppo I don't and haven't for some time, long may that continue) they are very heavy indeed and ummm clotty. With tampons if I flood and it overwhelms the capacity of the tampon then it leaks but the flow is not impeded. I would be very concerned with mention of this forming a vacuum seal that has to be pin pricked to release, that the flow would ummmm "back up" and can't see how that would be good for you.

Thank you for asking the question I was too coy to ask. And thank you to Pboae for answering it. I will be reporting back in a month or two (in a tiny font in white).

I have heavy periods (well not at the moment, on the mini pill). Used to use a mooncup and had to empty it much less often than I had to change tampons. Out in a public toilet u can get away with just wiping round the mooncup with toilet roll until u get home, or carry a bottle of water as suggested.

They used to do a refund if you tried it for 3 months and then sent it back (Cleaned and sterilised!!), not sure if they at still do!

It does take a but of practice to get the hang of inserting it and taking it out which can be a bit messy but once you do get the hang of it it isn't messy at all.

They used to do a refund if you tried it for 3 months and then sent it back (Cleaned and sterilised!!), not sure if they at still do!

Wonder what they do with the ones they get back? :unsure:

I don't understand how it could reduce flow or pain at all, I mean it's there to catch the flow, how can it affect what comes down? Sorry :blush:

:huh:

That alone would worry me! Do you think they just threw out all the returned ones? :unsure: I wouldnt have thought so. Quick scrub with a bit of Brillo, and back in the package it goes! :ohno01:

You have to cut the end off to make it fit you (think of it a bit like trimming cord of a tampon). If you don't do that it won't fit properly and it will leak. So there is no way they could send them out again. It would be very obvious if it had been used before.

Guest sniffers

What I've found is that my periods seem to be shorter using the mooncup, like without *gag* the absorbent germhaven blockage the uterus can clear that bit quicker? I can't believe how utterly revolting I find the idea of tampons now..