UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May 22

Jazz

Pottering on.  Wispa doing very well on 4 small meals a day, like a pup. 

One of my very old bristlenose catfish died.  Probably aged 8 or 9, which is average. Another the same age is still looking fit, and the oldest is probably about 12.  5 fish left now, not planning on getting any more. 

Watching fish in an aquarium is very relaxing.

I used to babysit for a family that had a massive fish- I think it was a goldfish. There was a lid on the aquarium and it used to push it up causing it to bang down.

Garden is finally finished and looking good. Just got to sort out the grass now,

Pent this morning cutting the overgrown, cement dust coated grass and trimming edges.  Still got big bare patches to fill in.

I'm renaming you Calamity Jazz lol. Maybe buy smaller less heavy bottles?

Glad you had a successful trip to the charity shop though.

Sorry about the catfish Owl.

Well done on the garden Blackmagic, I don't think mine will ever be finished. Doesn't help that 3 landscapers in a row have let us down over laying a patio. It's just a small one so obviously they don't think it's worth their time so why bother giving us a quote and arranging a start date - so annoying!

I won it, so thought in my brilliant mind, I could pour some in a measuring jug then into the small bottle

Thought id try cutting up the dog treats with an electric knife next

My garden is all paved. Need some small jobs doing and havent found anyone yet

You get some good bargains in charity shops but also some not so good.

I would think fabric conditioner would make a rather sticky mess ,jazz.

Years ago a colleague had a german shepherd pup who punctures a gallon container of fairy washing up liquid which spread allover the kitchen floor. When she tried to clean it up it just kept producing more and more bubbles. In the end she lifted the lino and flung it out the back door!

I got one estimate from a landscape company of £10500 !  I got a property service company who do various trades and they did a super job for £2600- removed the old deck and slabbed the area plus made two steps  down from the French doors,  continued the slabbing along past the back door and covered the old steps at the back door to match.

Lifted the old slabs that had been shed base at the bottom of the garden and laid matching  slabs. The garden looks bigger and much brighter.

He dumped all the old decking and slabs and even cleaned out my rhones.

I am very pleased with it all.

My tele is switching itself toff his morning so I am waiting for my son to come and investigate.