UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May 22

Jazz

Plodding on. Was very lucky to find a sofa bed on village site for £40, as it was becoming clear that sleeping on a mattress on the floor in living room to be accessible to Wispa in night was not a good long term plan. It started as emergency plan when she went into a decline several weeks ago, but now she has improved so much that I had to think of a long term solution. Just managed to squeeze sofa bed into the room and now have mattress on that. Strange living in a bedsit again, reminds me of various crappy ones I lived in back in the 70s in London. At least I am not cooking, eating and washing in it as well this time.

Lots of rain last night, more to come. Much needed here.

After a lovely warm weekend it is back to rain. 

Garden os coming on slowly. Weather is not helping with showers.  At least the overnight rsain has washed the cement dust off everything.

Old dogs are special but it is bitter sweet.

My grandson fell out of a tree house that the kids have made. He was convinced he had broken his arm as he could not move it. A visit to A & E and  an xray showed he hadn't, just soft tissue damage. The doctor even showed him the xray and explained it all but he was not a  happy chappy.

When they came out he  declared that visit was a waste of time- yes, mum would agree as she had to leave work early to take him:-  and he missed his two dance classes;  that that doctor was rubbish. He didn't know what he was doing.

He was disgusted that he didn't even get a splint on.  

the joy of a ten year old. 

• Like 1

When my sister was 4 I was 12, she always wanted a plaster or a sling for everything and always said she had broken her arm or leg or whatever if she had the slightest bump. If she appeared unharmed I used to tell her to come back if it was still broken in half an hour. Worked fine until the time she returned with a big smile to tell me her arm was still broken, so there!  It was swollen to twice normal size! I felt awful about it but she was happy as she had a cast and sling.

My son in Romania has just told me he is coming over for a week of business meetings and  will stay with me over the weekend. HIs fiance is coming with him. 

Their last attempt at a visit was cut short when she caught covid.  That was the first time seeing them since before covid arrived. I hope this visit is successful.

It is my other son's birthday next Wednesday so we are having a family dinner on the Saturday and surprising him with their presence.

Although we live in quiet cul de sac my next door neighbour's cat was found dead at the side of the road having been hit by a vehicle.