UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December at last!

Jazz

not just the Scots try to get round the rules

North Yorkshire Police said of more than 160 fines handed out in tier-two York over the weekend, most went to people living in tier three areas.

York is near areas under stricter Covid rules like West and South Yorkshire.

The force said it would continue to patrol the city for anyone drinking illegally.

Officers visited pubs in the city from Friday and found large numbers in breach of the regulations.

Sunny here but cold. There  are still patches of frost where the sun hasn't reached.

We were going to the Light  trial  in Edinburgh Botanic Gardens on 27th but the lockdown from Boxing Day has scuppered that.

There  is one on a local park so we will go to that . As it is in our local authority area we are allowed to travel there.

As there is a children's playground fort my grandson will probably enjoy it better. I just hope it is dry.

I need to go to the shops tomorrow to top up with milk and a few bits and that should see me through New year.  I will try and go early to avoid any crowds.

Thanks for the support ladies, much appreciated.

I'm confused about these rules.  They keep saying it's advisory, so how can the Police have the right to fine people? Oh well, much as I like York I have no intention of going there, so not my problem.

The post is strange at the moment, my son sent cards for us from him and Julie and from the children last Thursday, one from the children came two days ago, no sign of the other one!

I had a parcel come a week late, another came the next day, its nuts like everything else.

Elwood broke the steps to the sofa, they are for under 10kg, like he was supposed to be, so put a foot stool there so he could jump on that then the sofa, hes broke them. As he is a bigger daxi, he can jump on and off till i get something else there

Edited by Jazz

You are never bored with a daxie around. 

I have only gone and lost my debit card yet again, 4th time this year. Luckily I know it is in the house as I used it very early this morning to pay my neighbour for some shopping. I was still in bed. So bedroom, stairs, hall, living room or kitchen. Checked the washing machine in case it got bundled in there. I do have enough cash for the next week at least, otherwise stuck with using the credit card until I find it.

Just had  call from my friend Chrissie, whose last yorkie died just as Chrissie was recovering from a stroke. She has a shih tzu boy arriving this afternoon. It is one she rescued a couple of years ago from a bad situation and rehomed to a nice couple. The man sadly died about a year ago and the woman has just been taken into hospital in diabetic coma.  Whether she will survive is not known,  and it so in what condition.  So Max is coming to Chrissie for the moment, and possibly for good.  

Good luck to little Max - hope he settles in happily.

Picked up the food I'd pre-ordered from Morrisons and got a few fresh bits and pieces and that is me definitely done shopping this year. Just the whole house to clean and I'll be ready for Christmas day lol.

Hope you find your debit card soon Owl.

Still no sign of debit card. I wish you could get them in hi vis or dayglo colours. Mine is grey, easily overlooked.

Some naughty people had a booze-up on the reserve, at the far side of a big field, and threw bottles and cans over the fence leaving a huge heap. I can't get them by myself as there are cows and calves in the field, so have to meet up with one of the livestock team tomorrow.

I hope the card turns up soon Owl, have you checked the rubbish bin, assuming you have one?

My son rang earlier, his area is now in Tier 4, much to his disgust. A combination of that and the dreadful weather forecast of gales and heavy rain mean that's that, definitely won't be seeing him at all, except on a screen.  We are going to my daughter on Christmas Day afternoon/evening and they...um...might come over to us for a while on Boxing Day.  I know you aren't meant to but what the heck difference is it, two different days two different houses but the same people?

No difference at all Suzeanna and no rhyme nor reason as to the virus steering clear of you on Christmas Day but attacking you on Boxing day. My son and daughter in law are coming over on Christmas Day and staying overnight. The police chief here has already said they're not planning to stop cars and check why people are travelling but if for some reason they did and fined them then I'll pay it for them. But with the way some politicians have flouted the "laws" recently I don't think they'll bother.

Maybe you could get a colourful cardholder to keep it in Owl? https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/164277345219?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-153316-527457-8&mkcid=2&itemid=164277345219&targetid=4584894773047612&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=398226962&mkgroupid=1300722490880837&rlsatarget=pla-4584894773047612&abcId=2145997&merchantid=87779&msclkid=172b2b34372318a8a9b774d7907a352c