UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

Good evening, very hot here, must water all the plants with hose before dark.

Saw very rare bird on the reserve today, a tawny pipit. I would have been flummoxed as to what it was had not there been a very experienced birder with me.

• Like 1

I shall have to go Google that one Owl

I have been to Steve's house and seen Molly..5 months is such a long time...she seems so old, very happy to see me and likewise me her. Had a takeaway with Steve and a couple of beers and had a nice..stress free afternoon... which are few and far between at the moment

• Like 3

Aw, glad you got to see Molly Griff, and Steve too of course, lol and had a great afternoon.

Had to google tawny pipit too Owl. RSPB site didn't have it on their search unless I did something wrong. Good job you had an experienced birder with you.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow Suzeanna and hope it's not too hot.

Been dreary here today. No need for watering as there's been persistant drizzle on and off for a few days. Someone please tell the weather up here it's July please.

Hope your appointment was bearable today Suzeanna.

Mixed here today, sun and drizzle but got lots done in the garden anyway.

Going out for dinner tonight, feels strange and wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not but local businesses need the support so I'm sure it will be fine. First night off from cooking for about 4 months and I might even wear a dress to celebrate lol.

• Like 2

Go on Eve, you are going out out lol

Suzeanna, fingers crossed everything is o.k?

Just had the rac out to my dad's car, one of the coils had gone....£37.50 and it's sorted, he also sorted his dodgy light fault too.....the bulb was working but there was a resistance fault so he popped a new bulb in...job done!

First chance to update...yes it was fine.  Virgil was very positive about the new lump..he prodded it a few times and said yes, I can treat that.  One bout of radiotherapy should do it.  I was so relieved, I was dreading chemo being mentioned.  I did say what if you zap this then more pop up and he said he'll zap them too, no problem.  One thing he was annoyed about was the stalemate on my aorta..he showed me the scan and it's very very much bigger at one point than it should be.  He said it definitely is a vascular department case, not cardiology, but the two departments apparently had a meeting and decided nothing needs doing.  He was fuming and said no one will put their signature to this, no one wants to take responsibility. If it's worse on the next scan he doesn't intend to let them just ignore it.  He's a big genial bear of a man but I could see when he was talking that he wouldn't be someone to mess with.

Glad you saw Steve and Molly Griff, and your dad's car was sorted at minimal cost.

Oh, how exciting Eve..a non cooking night! I hope you have a lovely time.

Owl, I can't say I've even heard of a tawny pipit.  Is it a native bird, or a visitor?

If it stays dry tomorrow, I think we have an appointment with the lawn mower,  there was a blackbird mooching across the grass earlier and I could only see its head! Heaven knows what is lurking in there! 

Yay for zapping Suzeanna. Hope Virgil kicks ass re your aorta now.

Dinner out was so so. Nice to get out and not have to cook. Had fish and chips and fish was ok but 'chips' were fries which I can't stand. I'm not too good at eating out as I don't much like food but it's nice for Richard to have a change lol

Eve, just ask them for what you like, jacket potato and cheese, a sandwich...most places are good about helping customers out, when I went to Crete, I would only eat fried onion sandwiches, boiled rice and chilli powder....the guy at the restaurant was ace and really accomodating, turns out he was the careers advisor at my school at one point and from my city...we used to meet up for a drink when they came back to England at Christmas

Sorry Griff, but ugh! fried onions! I can't eat onion at all, it gives me the most awful stomach ache! I'm surprised you didn't live on Greek salad.  I know we were served one in Zakynthos and I said why no olives? The waiter said because the customers don't like them.  We said well we do, and moments later were presented with a huge bowl full of them.

Oh well Eve, at least you liked a bit of the meal.  How is Richard's ankle these days, is he completely recovered?