UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

Alex, go ahead...get her spayed as you wish and send confirmation from your vet..i.e a bill stating spay, just get your vet to state a medical reason for the spay... infection or something. My adoption agreement stated I never owned but cared for the dog including vet bills, Deagan is from the dog warden and they were happy with my vet invoice showing spay as we're hwar showing neuter for Delaney

Lol...owl, I am sure you are a diamond but deffo not a geezer

Our Kim was under 5 and got pyometra. 

Owl you have a lovely speaking voice and you are a jewel 👍

I'm going to Penrith shortly to pick up Archie's uncle Vince from the station. It's a bit blowy so it might be an interesting ride in Poppy Panda on portions of the A66 where it tends to get windswept 😲 

My 2 half brothers are now kicking off about our father's last resting place and are opposed to a cremation. I have to give my half sister her dues as she is standing up to them. If they carry on they will be getting put straight by me. 

I've put this gem on my FB, but for those of you who aren't on it...just read the BBC have put out a special dialogue free podcast of The Archers, featuring sounds of the countryside.  They include trees blowing in the wind and the gentle braying of cattle. Hmm...I live pretty close to two farms, and I can honestly say I've never heard a cow bray, perhaps they have different cows around London?

• Haha 1

Yantan... tell them they are very welcome to go buy a burial plot for him but he shan't be getting laid to rest with your mum...if he isn't going in with theirs why should your mum suffer him! Families are such a bloody headache..mum has to call her sil tonight as they should find out what her brother died of...she is really not fussed and nor am i

Suzeanna we lived between 2 farms in our last house and had a field right beside the house which often had cows in it through all but the winter season. We hardly ever heard the cows moo, even though they would come and look over the fence right into our dining room to watch what we were doing. We heard the occasional cow somewhere on one of the farms bellowing as they gave birth.  

A friend has a B&B here and once when I was round giving her hand a guest from London was chatting to us and asked how you told the bitches from the male sheep. We told him that they were really called ewes - or yows as they say here. I wonder if he worked for BBC radio?? :laughingsmiley:

• Haha 1

Donkeys bray, pigs oink, cows moo, sheep baa/ bleat ducks quack, should we send this to the BBC for future reference?

I often read our local news online and I am utterly appalled by the grammar and diction used by the reporters, I assume these people go to university to study for a degree?? I did GCSE English and I would do a better job than most of them! When the errors are pointed out they just leave them.

Wondering how blackmagic is today

Yantan has helped me again with Steve's family history... trying to find how old his little brother was when he died...I have no clue why he won't speak to his sister...I am not going to push it, I am sure he will tell me at some point

Trying to keep busy, feel really really sick so have done some washing, cooked dinner ready for my dad coming in and I will wash up as soon as I find my motivation lol

Edited by griff
  • Haha 1