UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

my 2 uncles were always called by their middle names. my aunt only knew that at their wedding when the vicar said a different name lol

people cant remember or say my name, Alicia, so growing up was called Jo, middle name joanne, then it was Alicia, then on here I was called jazz. when I lost my account on facebook, I called myself Jerry Lee, after my dog, to talk to facebook and get Jazz back, but they didn't want to know, so now im jerry lol

My dad's dad was known by his middle name... guessing he didn't like Noel. My mums brother is known by most people he grew up with as Terry... middle name Terrence as his first name is John ...same as my grandad.

Don't know if anyone here uses Groupon and likes the Toby carvery?? It's 2 courses for 2 for £14.99 but enter the code COSY it says it's expired but they will offer you 15% off...it works out at £12.75

And we won't read that Jazz just to make sure.

I've cancelled The Independant Pharmacy as they have continually kept dispensing all the items on my repeat prescription, despite me requesting several times for them not too. I don't need everything every month.  So now I am trying Pharmacy2U. We'll see how they shape up. It seems that I can request the prescription myself and have them dispense it and I have hopefully set a reminder so they text me to tell me to order it. If it works it's a far better system than The Independant Pharmacy.  To be fair Ruby gets her prescription from them but it's always the same and has been unproblematic. 

did chicken stew in the slow cooker. left the lid off while I had some for tea. then portioned it up …. poured the juice into the containers …… but missed and poured it down my legs, into slippers. good job it had cooled down a bit. dogs have cleaned up the kitchen. ill be doing a wash in the morning. my clothes smell nice though

chipped a bit more of my broken tooth, into the nerve this time. its coming out next week. 

I've been spending the day finding out how to stop a burial! The man who is my biological father is close to death. In his will apparently he has stipulated that he wants to be buried with his 1st wife, my mother. I am very opposed to this as is my aunt, my mum's sister.  My father treated her abominably and my aunt holds him responsible, indirectly, for her early death at the age of 29.  Had she lived she would have divorced him. She told several people this. 

My half sister has Power Of Attorney over my father's affairs as well as being one of two executors of his will. My full brother is the other executor. He doesn't want our father buried with our mother either but has a strong belief in fulfilling people's final wishes so he's torn, even though there is no legal requirement to have last wishes regarding funeral and burial arrangements carried out. 

I don't want a fight, I really don't. I have previously told my half sister, in no uncertain terms, that I do not want our father buried with my mother and if she is set on him having company then she should bury him with HER mother.  We are no longer on speaking terms.

So if she insists on going ahead I will have to take out an injunction to stop the burial. I'm hoping that the it won't come to that and my half sister knowing that will back off. My aunt is all for confronting her and telling her a few home truths in the event she presses on against us. Oh heck!

Marion...who has the deeds to the grave?? I think you need the grave deed to open it, I know we had to give them in when my nans ashes were supposed to go in. What a sh*tty situation to be in, in all honesty I don't think your brother should care about fulfilling his wishes.... If things didn't end well then obviously there is no way your mum would want to share a grave with him...I truly hope you can get it sorted out and if needs be, if your half sister requires to be told a few home truths...so be it! I believe very much in rest in peace and if your mum won't be at peace as she was first in the grave..in my opinion it's hers. 

I really hope I haven't upset you by anything I have said xx

Edited by griff