UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

You know what they say Snow..better a week too early rather than a day too late.  If the poor lad is in pain, won't take his meds so the pain can't be relieved and his heart is worsening fast, I think the decision is being made for them.  So sorry.

• Like 3

Awww snow, I am sorry about Bruno

Suzeanna, I think it's probably wise for your family to stay in a hotel...if you aren't feeling great you won't feel bad about not cooking etc

Owl...Shrek!!

Yantan, whose is the doggy?

Feel much better today, I completely lost the plot with Steve last week and ended up slapping him and kicking him, first time in 19 years I lost my temper... basically he is slipping back into his depression again..very very badly, he asked me to take Molly if anything happens to him, suicide was mentioned but I think I have talked him out of that. I dragged myself up there at 9am this morning and basically he ended up sitting there sobbing...he really is in a mess, I just ended up hugging him while he cried and told him I loved him and wasn't going anywhere. He spoke a little more about his childhood and he has said he will call the number work gave him when he is next off, he promised but he has promised before, the mental health bus was in town this afternoon and so I dragged myself back to town. The people were so nice and helpful, gave me a brilliant booklet for Steve about depression and a leaflet that tells him how to access services, he also told me to look after myself

Oh boy our garden looks SO different. The lady gardeners haven't quite finished as they are cutting the roots out of some old bushes in preparation for laying some slate chippings that we bought ages ago in one of the 2 borders. They've also taken all the rubbish (old pots etc.) and undergrowth away.

The garden looks waaay bigger. It looks bare but the chances are when we eventually, hopefully, get a buyer it's going to be someone who wants it as a holiday let and so they will have a blank canvas and won't be daunted by the "wildness".

Griff I'm glad you visited the bus. We've chatted today so I won't say more other than you know you have my support. Tilly the dog came with the gardeners, one of whom is a friend, so she's been round here a few times. I've got nowt done all morning for her sitting on my knee. She stayed home for the afternoon shift because they've got the garden gate open to load their van.

it's bloody hard, this has been going on for the 3 years that I have known him..I didn't understand why he wouldn't just get help but the man explained it today, he said Steve probably doesn't believe he will feel any better or more than likely..he doesn't feel like he deserves the help. I didn't really get it before as I haven't suffered with depression and I just think if you broke your arm you would get it fixed so why not your head? Apparently it's not quite that simple, Steve has said it's getting worse all the time just trying to get him to take that first step is going to be hard. He has apologised for the way he treats me and the way he behaves....he said he honestly doesn't mean to treat me badly

Yeah, that's what Steve said..if he doesn't have Molly, that's it... today was the first time he actually spoke about it might be best if something happened to him....I just said well then he would be doing to me what Carl did to him and then I would be him...I can only try my best and just hope it's good enough

does anything stick in your mind that's been on here? I think it was Bebe said what annoys her is people that don't throw away chipped plates, she put ITS BROKEN PEOPLE! I had a chipped plate at the time, still have it and laugh every time I use it

I remember Bebe. She was a funny fun lady.

I recall the hilarity over arse bunting. Can't remember who first coined the phrase but I remember MelP, amongst others, being in stitches over it.

I was going to say I had the lady gardeners in trimming my bush but decided against 😋 

• Haha 2

You just said what everyone else was thinking Yantan 🤣

I remember Bebe's tale of having a bug stuck in her ear 😂

So sorry about Bruno Snow, hope Nick and Vicky have the strength to make the right decision at the right time.

Hope you got to see Shrek too Owl lol.

Pleased you managed to tell your family how you're really feeling Suzeanna. I know you're a tough cookie but doesn't hurt to admit when you're feeling fragile or not coping too well.

That's a tough situation with Steve to deal with for you Griff. I hope the mental health team can help you as well as Steve. Your going to need as much support as Steve does.

Big hugs for you too Jazz.

• Like 1

I throw away chipped plates but must confess I have a couple of favourite mugs which I still use in spite of chips.

No, I have not seen Shrek on the reserve ... yet.  Some of the local birders bear more than a passing resemblance to him though.

• Haha 1